This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can some one please tell me how to change headlights & f

can some one please tell me how to change the headlight bulbs & fog light bulbs please in detail & what bulb # are they ? & what bulb brand look the whitest
    any info would be great thanks
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Changing the bulbs is easy (if you have any auto knowledge at all)... Honestly read your owners manual the they give you a step by step on how to do it. It's as easy as removing the 6 or so body pins located in hood compartment on front facia. Next unscrew the two bolts that hold the headlight assembly in (there are only 2 per side). Next start working the headlight and front facia, FYI its easier to do when its warmer as the facia will not be as stiff but its not necess. Theres a little ball and socket that holds the headlight into place and the first time can be a PITA to get out but it WILL come out... dont be afraid to be a little forcefull just watch the fender as to not scratch or spyder the paint. You'll see the ball and socket when the first one comes out and you'll see what I mean and the second one will become easier and so on and so on the more you do it. It's to the point now where I can get mine out and back in about 15mins if that. Changing the bulbs you'll see how easy that is when u take the assembly out and changing the foglight is as easy as looking down once you removed the headlight assembly because the housing is right below them both. As far as whitest bulbs, thats all a matter of opinion and there are to many to test out haha. I have Luminics Artic Whites in my Fogs and Nyoka's for my lows (didnt change highs cuz I dont hardly use them), personally I wanted a little bit of a blueish/purple tint to mine and I definatly got that. I also had to adjust the headlamp a little bit to aim lower because they were way to bright at factory setting and they were shining in the trees. I also raised the foglights to get more use out of them (theres posts on how to do that in the appearance section I believe). This site http://www.automotivelightingsusa.com is where I got my bulbs there are a few different once to choose from. I'd have to say that PIAA's would be the brightest but of course they are $70 a pair and to me its just not worth it! GTPGuy has Mtecs or something like that and his look good to. What I did was order 2 different sets of bulbs and tried them both out (H11's of course) and whatever one I liked better stayed in the lowbeam and other went to foglight.

Lowbeam= H11
    Highbeam= H9
    Foglamp= H11

Hope that all helped out, if you need anything else, feel free to ask away!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Just FYI, me and another member are running Nokya Arctic Whites in your lows and hi's and I've been completely satisfied with them. The bulbs are higher that stock wattage, I believe the lows run at 100watts. The bulbs are blue but the light emmitted is a complete crist white and the price is about $24.00/pair in Ebay.

if your interested I'm starting a group buy for an HID conversion kit in 6000K crystal white!! Price at the most will be just a little over $200 shipped.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

yeah... $29 with 2 day shipping thru the site I had mentioned!
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Working...
        X