Wife's Jetta is ^$&#ing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's Jetta is ^$&#ing up!

My wife finnaly tells me today that her CEL has been on for about 2 weeks now. She also told me that she ahs been having problems taking off from a stop. I go and take it out, And sure enough, when you start from a slow pace or a stop, it just doesn't want to go. I take it to Auto Zone to check the codes and it says Cylinder 2 missfiring and the fuel air mixture is wrong. How do I fix the fuel air mixture. I read somewhere that siad that too lean of a mixture will cause the missfire. PLEASE HELP. This is taking money away from my G6!
    Crimson Brotherhood Member

Crimson Red '06 G6 Sedan DIC, Sunroof, and all kinds of other worthless stuff that makes it fun!

Could be dirty injectors. Might need fuel injector cleaner. But if there that bad they may need to be phyically taken out and a mechanic to clean them. Or you can do it your self by letting them soak in a solution but I forget what its called. Could also be an 02 sensor. Those are my two guesses off the top of my head
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

WHat is the STRONGEST stuff out there that I can throw in the gas?

Crimson Red '06 G6 Sedan DIC, Sunroof, and all kinds of other worthless stuff that makes it fun!

Comment

don't guess it is still under warrenty?
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Nope, 2000

Comment

Get the prestone SUV fuel injector cleaner. You can dump the whole bottle in for 25gallon tank. It wont hurt even though it has like a 15gal tank. Or a fuel injector cleaner thats for 20-25 gallon tanks that also for high milage veichles becuase it has better lubercants in it. It will cost 5-7 dollars. Then on a full tank dump it in and run the car for 30mins ish of driving and open the throttle as much as you can.

Am affraid though if the check engine light is on it might be to last for just some gas tank fuel injector cleaner But good luck and hope it fixes it!

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

It only happens like the first minute of driving. Once you get it to finally go, it's good. So maybe the cleaner will work. Should I put 91 gas in with it this time?

Comment

Originally posted by cincychris83
                It only happens like the first minute of driving. Once you get it to finally go, it's good. So maybe the cleaner will work. Should I put 91 gas in with it this time?
                No, dont have to. Maybe if its like Shell premium with all the extra detergents to clean the motor maybe. But a no name gas station I wouldnt.

2013 Mustang GT
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

I can do Shell. Will try anything to keep it out of the shop!

Comment

Well, you def want to check or replace the O2 sensors (causes misfires and hesitation), and you might want to change the fuel filter or pump too so that the LEAN issue can be solved.

I had that similar problem happen to my old 97 neon, and that help a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by cincychris83
                      Nope, 2000
                      That sucks. You should sell it as fast as possible then.

Check/replace the spark plugs. The O2 isn't the problem if it is saying only one cylinder is misfiring. A bottle of injector cleaner if a good idea too. If you don't rememeber the last time that the fuel filter was changed then you should change that too.
                      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

I was thinking the plugs.. maybe you just have a fouled out spark plug... try that first IMO with an injector cleaner.. Lucas products makes a pretty kick ass one its a small really concentrated bottle, worked wonders for me in my RX7 when I had it, acctually I need to do a bottle in the sixer when I remember!
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Ok, called the dealer today and they said that the plug was probably bad and to replace it, which, at 96,000 miles, it due a tune up. He said the fuel air mixture problem was probably a vacume leak somewhere. I asked him where to look for the leak and he said "Good Luck", they are all over the engine. Any suggestions? Also, it looks like I have to take the intake manifold off to get to the damn plugs, does this make sense?

Comment

Does anyone know where I could posibly find a web site that has componet locations for this car. Tried doing a search and came up empty. I hate foreign cars.

Comment

Hey, what engine does you wife's jetta have, and year... I don't think I saw that anywhere...

I'll try to help ya out.
                              2006 6.0 LS2 GTO Metallic Black
                              2007 3.5 VVT G6 Liquid Silver - Gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X