REQUEST: Removing interior door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REQUEST: Removing interior door trim

I am trying to repaint my door trim *the silver bits*, I got the drivers side off and the controls out, but I searched for the how to on doing the steering wheel and passenger front and rear trim handle. Anyone seen the how tos for those? I searched all 9 pages in the how to section and came up blank.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
    2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
    Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Re: REQUEST: Removing interior door trim

This will show how to get the front passenger handle bit off. And you will need a combination of this and this to get the steering wheel ones off

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
      This will show how to get the front passenger handle bit off. And you will need a combination of this and this to get the steering wheel ones off
      Ah perfect thank you. It's a bit too cold now to start spray painting but hopefully tomorrow afternoon it will be warmer. So the passanger side trims just pry off with a butter knife?

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquel View Post
        passenger front and rear trim handle. Anyone seen the how tos for those? I searched all 9 pages in the how to section and came up blank.
        For passenger front scroll to the middle of this page->http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...974#post427974
        Last edited by Altered6; 12-31-2010, 05:21 PM.
        Current Mods
        245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
        Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Woooops!!! Dmanj already covered that one too.
          Current Mods
          245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...

Comment

Ah perfect thank you. It's a bit too cold now to start spray painting but hopefully tomorrow afternoon it will be warmer. So the passanger side trims just pry off with a butter knife?
            yeah you just stick it in the top like in the image and pry it away. just work your way down the side and it just poops off

Comment

To get the air bag off I used a nail that I filed down with a disk grinder to round off the point and it worked great. I think the nail was a 3.5". Just a helpful hint
              Finished Mods: 15% window tint, Spyder headlights, Custom Interior Paint, CRABS CAI w/FPU, MPD Hood(Color Matched), Front Bumper Chrome painted Flat Black, Carbon Fiber badge overlays.

Future Mods: Lowering Springs, MMI's, Strut Bar, GT-R Exhaust, 93 Octane Tune, MPD Spoiler, Rims & Tires(TBD)

Comment

Ok got the passenger side off and have the driver side installed again and painted. Now I need to know how to get the damn shifter knob chrome off and the silver plate under the shifter in the center console so I can paint those.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

you pretty much have to take the center console out to get the solver piece out. at least remove all the bolts from the center console so you can lift it up, then you'll be able to get the trim piece out once the shifter knob is off. as for the chrome ring, it supposedly just slides down, but i've never been able to get it off. that will be my next mission

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
                    you pretty much have to take the center console out to get the solver piece out. at least remove all the bolts from the center console so you can lift it up, then you'll be able to get the trim piece out once the shifter knob is off. as for the chrome ring, it supposedly just slides down, but i've never been able to get it off. that will be my next mission
                    How does one go about getting the shifter knob off. I have looked for a small screw or something and tried LIGHTLY twisting it to the left to no avail. Any idea? I want to paint the shifter knob chrome as well.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

that chrome ring at the bottom has to slide down and there is apparently a set screw there that allows the shifter to come off. but as i said, i've never been able to do it

Comment

for the shift knob twist teh silver on the bottom and push it down then theres a set screw there

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                        Originally posted by snowmanG6
                        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

How does one go about getting the shifter knob off. I have looked for a small screw or something and tried LIGHTLY twisting it to the left to no avail. Any idea? I want to paint the shifter knob chrome as well.
                          In case you haven't already seen these they may help. Middle of the page here=>http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...010#post449010

Current Mods

Comment

Thanks Altered, so I have to take out the whole center console to get the gray rectangle under the shifter knob off?

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

^Yup and it does take a lil bit of time, at least compared to the side trim. BTW I used a piece of alumminum TIG welding rod for the airbag
                              Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                              INDIAN WARRIORS
                              1926-2010

Comment

Working...
                              X