'06 monsoon multi-disc swap for '09 1-disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 monsoon multi-disc swap for '09 1-disc

Ok, so I have the classic monsoon 6-disc "CD CHANGER ERROR" in my '06 GTP. I decided to follow everyone's advice and replace it with a single disc from the '08 and '09. I tracked one down on ebay, gathered information and resources, but I have a concern about the DIC controls and a possible security lockout. I was wanting to know what sort of drawbacks would result from replacing the head unit and what would be permanent, reversable, avoidable etc. I tried to find information on what I would be facing specifically but only found some faulty links about aftermarket stereos. Perhaps if we could put everyones collective knowledge about this subject together I could use my experience with the task to put a tutorial up that could be stickied for future reference. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: '06 monsoon multi-disc swap for '09 1-disc

What would you like to know? I have a 2005 G6 GT. I replaced my crapped out 6 disk changer
    with a 2008 single disk monsoon w/aux.

Its a long read but should answer most of your questions:
    Last edited by Lampoon; 12-28-2010, 06:08 AM.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Re: '06 monsoon multi-disc swap for '09 1-disc

Sorry can't help you with your issue but I did want to say I'm diggin' your username
      CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X