i have another idea for my G6 an ipad to replace my radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have another idea for my G6 an ipad to replace my radio

im going to get an ipad hopefuly in the spring because ipad 2 suppose to come out anyways i been watching SoundmanCA on youtube they did a few ipad installs

so i been looking at my dash wondering can it be done an i want to run it off my 360.2 no radio (maybe) too bad rf dont have a apple app that be sweet damn you apple and rockford

i dont want to lose my vents but i dont know im in the thinking stage

anybody got ideas if you have an ipad can you post some pics like above the AC sidesway and longways or anyway you would put it at

im not looking to mount on the side i want to replace my pioneer with an ipad
    2005 Pontiac G6
    AVH-P3100DVD

Re: i have another idea for my G6 an ipad to replace my radio

AS cool as it would be (i've seen it on a couple cars on the interwebz) i think it would look completely out of place in the G6. You'd have to lose something, either your heater controls or your vents. Though with the amount of custom work that would need to be done in the first place, you could always get some vents out of a wrecked G6, and create a fibreglass dash piece to house the iPad and just relocate the vents above it. Get some ducting and route the air up to the new vents. That way you could keep the heater controls and the vents

Comment

i was thinking about moving the ac up and have the ipad down

i plan on get a dash off an junker
      ipad is 8in by 10in i think
      2005 Pontiac G6
      AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
        AS cool as it would be (i've seen it on a couple cars on the interwebz) i think it would look completely out of place in the G6. You'd have to lose something, either your heater controls or your vents.iPad2case
        ipad 2 case leather
        iPad2 cases Though with the amount of custom work that would need to be done in the first place, you could always get some vents out of a wrecked G6, and create a fibreglass dash piece to house the iPad and just relocate the vents above it. Get some ducting and route the air up to the new vents. That way you could keep the heater controls and the vents
        i was thinking about moving the ac up and have the ipad down

Comment

well its been awhile

i switch to a ipad mini im still working on it

2005 Pontiac G6
          AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Working...
          X