HELP ME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ME!!

So I bring my 'bu to the local dealer for an oil change (I don't trust the Jiffy Lubes or the Valvoline instant oil change places, and my current living situation prevents me from doing it at home) and after the oil change the service guy tells me that I need to replace the left lower control arm (it is shaking under there) and I have an oil leak and a transmission leak, but they have no idea where it's coming from! The leaks are not horrible I guess, but enough to where the mechanic notices when he/she lifts the car...so Merry Christmas to me I guess....

So where do I bring it to have it checked out somewhere else...I know through the dealer, just the lower control arm replacement will be approx $400 and to check where the leaks are coming from...the sky is the limit...maybe a total bill of $1000....I definitely do not have that!!

I'm living in Forest Lake, MN if that helps anybody!!

Thank you guys...you're always the best ones to go to!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Re: HELP ME!!

To check where the leaks are coming from clean the engine/transmission with a good degreaser and drive for a bit.

If the leaks aren't major, I'd put off doing the repair until you can afford it. I have an oil and coolant leak but don't plan on addressing them until spring. As long as you check the fluids and keep them topped up, and as long as you aren't leaking coolant into the engine, you can put it off.

That price for the control arm is decent. Last time I did one it cost me $700.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
    X