Remote Wire for afteramrket amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Wire for afteramrket amp

Now heres a question why can't you run your aftermarket amp on the monsoon remote wire... I was just thinking about this today at work... Cause the monsoon would need a trigger for it to work, well why not spilt off that and use that.. or would this cause problems? and by the way i am useing the factory heatunit thats why i am askin this question be4 i take it to the sound shop.
    2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

One reason I can think of is that the amount of current draw may be too much for the remote wire, which could burn it / cause a fire.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I think the bigger problem would be finding the remote wire. If you knew where it was, you should be able to tap into it and use it - the remote wire draws very little current - just enough to know when to turn the amp on and off.

I ran my remote wire off of my heated seat fuse
      Originally posted by colinpeddle
      They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
      That here, by G6er law, we lie
      Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
      THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

anyone know what the ingition wire color is then for the headunit? thats another way to run it
        2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

The monsoon amp uses a negative trigger. The wires are always hot.

... and remote wires barely draw any current at all, that's the power wire you're thinking of.
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

ok then.. then how about the ingition wire to the headunit.. that has to be possible correct.. if so anyone know what color wire that would be?

Comment

Just run it off the fuse for the windshield wipers. I work for bestbuy and all the pros in the bay do that. Thats what I did and it works fine. Turns on when you turn your key to accesories. and when the car is on ignition. Saves a TON of hassle.
              2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
              Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

Originally posted by effex80
                Just run it off the fuse for the windshield wipers. I work for bestbuy and all the pros in the bay do that. Thats what I did and it works fine. Turns on when you turn your key to accesories. and when the car is on ignition. Saves a TON of hassle.
                How exactly are these pros connecting it to the wiper fuse?
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Bestbuy and pros don't belong together.

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                    Bestbuy and pros don't belong together.
                    Yeah, kinda what i was getting at
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Working...
                    X