Speakers in the back doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers in the back doors?

Has anyone ever added speakers to the rear doors? Was just thinking it would be a cool thing to do, get stock grills from a front door speaker, cut a whole and add them in. Not sure about wiring though. And ideas if it could work?
    Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
    Lowering springs or coilovers.

Re: Speakers in the back doors?

With the right amount of time and effort, anything is possible
    That would be awesome if someone could get it to work!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

it definitely could work. i dont know how the stock grill would look being added in afterward, but other than that all you should have to do is cut a hole for the speaker, run the wires where the window motor wires run and to your amp/HU. The only problem i could see is there maybe not being enough room for the speaker in there. But no seeing the rear door with the panel off i wouldnt know. only way yo know for sure is to try it out!

Comment

Ya I havent seen how much room there is or really decided if I am going to do it. I would like to I think it would be cool. I think the stock grills would look good since they would match the rest of the car grills.
        Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
        Lowering springs or coilovers.

Comment

got for it if i can put 8' and 6.5 comps in the front doors the rear doors should be easy

im might do it in the spring because i hate 6x9's

i just need to find some rear door planels online

mdf for the rings and some fiberglass
          2005 Pontiac G6
          AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Working...
          X