Body damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body damage

Wow its been a long time since i have been on here. good to be back though.

A bit before i got deployed six months ago, i was working on the ol' 6 and i dont know how i let it happen, but somehow the car slipped off its jackstand and pushed in the small portion of the body above the black plastic side skirt, just beneath the driver side door. Heres a mockup of where the damage was inflicted.

i know there's not much that can be done except to guess, but how much do you think it would cost to have it fixed? the metal there just seems to have been crushed inward and some paint is cracking or missing. i have no actual pictures of this since i am still deployed and am going to be for some time. it seems like it couldn't be THAT hard to fix with the proper tools and expertise, but i've never had body work done before so i've got no idea what to even guess.

any estimates would be helpful.
    '08 3.5 lz4
    Custom fenderwell CAI
    FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
    Megan Racing coilovers
    Addco Rear Sway Bar
    Racingline strut-bar installed
    Racingline MMI's installed

Re: Body damage

i had so much work done on my previous G6 that i can come up with a decent estimate = 500

Comment

I think you have to budget for at least $400.
      Mods: Lampoon's crabs under my hood (CAB and FPU w/K&N)
      Partial debadging, blackout window chrome and black overlays; Racingline FSB;
      Redline Elite Quick Lifts; HSRK; intake resonator delete

Comment

If you they pull it with a stud gun, get it close to original body line it would just be duraglass and spotting in the paint. It's usually around $500 per panel but if the crush has to be cut and replaced with new metal it will be more.

Comment

thanks guys this is good to hear, i appreciate the insight.
          '08 3.5 lz4
          Custom fenderwell CAI
          FIRST G6 TO USE COILOVERS
          Megan Racing coilovers
          Addco Rear Sway Bar
          Racingline strut-bar installed
          Racingline MMI's installed

Comment

Working...
          X