Very Rough Gear Change + CEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Rough Gear Change + CEL

Well this morning on my way to work, changing from P to D, and then from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th it feels as if the gears are skipping. Almost as if you let the clutch out to late on a standard car. Then at about 5pm this afternoon the CEL came on. While on the ride home from dinner tonight, at about 8pm the gears stopped jumping but I still have the CEL. All I can think is the transmission needs a looking at, but anyone have any other ideas?

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
    2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
    Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Re: Very Rough Gear Change + CEL

didn't do anything to the airbox yet, did you?

If it CEL isn't flashing, you should at least get it checked out. If it's flashing, take it to a shop immediately for repairs.you'll at least want to have someone look at it, and see if they can't recreate the problem. Try to recreate it with the same conditiions.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
      didn't do anything to the airbox yet, did you?

If it CEL isn't flashing, you should at least get it checked out. If it's flashing, take it to a shop immediately for repairs.you'll at least want to have someone look at it, and see if they can't recreate the problem. Try to recreate it with the same conditiions.

No, I haven't done that yet, however I did run the engine with the cap off of the air box at different percentages for about 5 minutes to see roughly how much more air I could get into the engine without tossing a CEL. But I hardly doubt that would cause a problem

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

that is most likely your problem, how much have you driven it without?

I'll check in on this later, too.
        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by BAMBAMM View Post
          that is most likely your problem, how much have you driven it without?

I'll check in on this later, too.
          No actual driving, just idling in the driveway. I don't see how running the car with an open air box for about 5 mins could causing rough shifting.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

if that rough shifting is occuring with the airbox normal and nothing else has been changed i would be concerned about your trans. this is how my trans felt when it burnt out. almost makes a grinding noise till it finally gets it into gear? if so, its your transmission
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

rough shifting and CEL's are examples of lean issues. Check your intake.
              You might get an OBD2 reader and see what the CEL says....
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Well hooked it up to an OBD2 and apparently my cam intake solenoid is giving me issue's which would explain why the rough shifting. Though with the rough shifting gone, I opted to clear the CEL and see if it comes up again. If it does, time for a costly repair.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

Working...
                X