Bad key FOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad key FOB

So my keyless remote hasn't really been working for me lately, I opened it up and saw the battery housing was out of place so I soldered it back on and it worked for a while but stopped working again... When I bought the car I only got one remote so it is all I have... I was looking on eBay what do you guys think of the remotes from there like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-PONTIAC-G6-KEYLESS-REMOTE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19c0d1f162QQitemZ11060 9166690QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

How hard is it to program these things?
    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Re: Bad key FOB

Here you go;

Gm Remote Repair Pad. 1 Part will fix non functioning buttons on remote

Many GM factory remotes don't last very long. Using the keylessfix button replacement pad from keylessfix.com you can repair your own remote right at home. M...

That is your fix right there. Trust me, it works... I know the guy personally. $10 and you will have a fob that works like new. You cannot program these remotes on your own. Stealership charges $40-50. Order the keyfix...
    Last edited by datacat; 11-15-2010, 08:39 AM.

Comment

just bought one.

also if you buy a seperate remote you can try and talk to a tech about programming it for cash in his pocket.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by datacat View Post
        Here you go;

Many GM factory remotes don't last very long. Using the keylessfix button replacement pad from keylessfix.com you can repair your own remote right at home. M...

That is your fix right there. Trust me, it works... I know the guy personally. $10 and you will have a fob that works like new. You cannot program these remotes on your own. Stealership charges $40-50. Order the keyfix...
        My Key fob is acting up... I just bought one of these and I'll let you know how well it works. I know my remote works because I can open the trunk... it just wont lock/unlock.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

What happens is the rubber wears down and no longer makes a good connection with the circuit board. The guy has a tester that he uses to determine if all lock/unlock functions work and 9/10 the circuit board is fine, it just needs the keyfobfix! The guys works at a very reputable used car dealership here in town. He told me he sells hundreds of these...

Comment

I just opened it up and saw the connection on the other side was out now so I soldered that back in again and it still wasn't workig after soldering and resoldering for about 20 min seems like I got it working again.

One of the main reasons I was asking about those eBay ones though is because I want a spare... Currently I don't have one and it would be nice to have as long as I don't have to pay like $100+ for one...
            Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Originally posted by datacat View Post
              Here you go;

that wont fix his problem. his problem is that teh connector that h olds the battery down came off (very common on our fobs) when that happens theres no battery power. no battery power = no worky

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Yea but it's all fixed now with some very shacky soldering skills lol I don't know why my hands shake so much

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                  that wont fix his problem. his problem is that teh connector that h olds the battery down came off (very common on our fobs) when that happens theres no battery power. no battery power = no worky
                  I've fixed both mine by re-soldering the battery connector (3 solder points) and adding the keyfobfix. Both my fob's battery clip were broken and the buttons would not work even after soldering the clip. Now they work like new after adding the fix. Also, the website offers Complete Remote Repair option which involves soldering and adding the fix.

I'm just trying to help, you either take my advice or don't. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by xlemosx View Post
                    Yea but it's all fixed now with some very shacky soldering skills lol I don't know why my hands shake so much
                    It's fixed until the rubber wears out on the keypad... then you need the fix. Either way, I'm glad you have it working.

Comment

you know i have NEVER seen a key fob go bad because teh rubber wears down. most ive ever seen from the rubber is the contacts get dirty and a pencil eraser fixes that

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

ordered one of those keylessfix things and received two. tried one out and now my fob works perfectly.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
                          you know i have NEVER seen a key fob go bad because teh rubber wears down. most ive ever seen from the rubber is the contacts get dirty and a pencil eraser fixes that
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky View Post
                            ordered one of those keylessfix things and received two. tried one out and now my fob works perfectly.
                            When Did you order it? I ordered mine monday morning and i havent got it yet?

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

OMG I'm so glad I ordered the keyless fix... it actually WORKED!!! My key fob is as good as new!!!

THANKS DATACAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X