Mod Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Specs

I am looking into a myriad of mods, mostly ones that everyone has already done in some kind of combination with others. Does anyone have numbers(hp & torque) that these mods produce separately and/or combined?
    05 3.5 ::: Put it under the hood.

Unfortunatly no one has any hard and fast numbers about what sorts of increases you can expect. (At least not that I know of)

Although I'll be going to the dyno again in the next few months when i get back to school (hooray for school-funded dyno excursions!), and I'm hoping to buy/borrow an intake to try
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I am new to this scene in general. Obviously there is a significant gain in modding, but everyone does it blindly and what they get is what they get? (no intention of insulting anyone here)

I would be extremely interested in seeing dyno specs from any mod before or after. I have intentions of getting a dyno myself, as I had mentioned in the intake forum. Hopefully we can gain tangible numbers that can be shared with everyone.

Comment

It's not that everyone just does it blindly. Going to the dyno is not really feasible for most of us every time we change something on the car. It's not cheap to do and not everyone can get on a dyno.

If you do a search there is a thread on a before and after dyno on Nikki's car after she got the Vector ECM. I think the gain was around 7 hp.

Other than that I don't know of anyone who did a before/after dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          It's not that everyone just does it blindly. Going to the dyno is not really feasible for most of us every time we change something on the car. It's not cheap to do and not everyone can get on a dyno.

If you do a search there is a thread on a before and after dyno on Nikki's car after she got the Vector ECM. I think the gain was around 7 hp.

I speak for myself here, but nope, i'm purely about it blindly.
          2006 6.0 LS2 GTO Metallic Black
          2007 3.5 VVT G6 Liquid Silver - Gone.

Comment

it isnt that we dont want to know what we are getting, but dynos arent cheap and most of us dont have easy access to them

if you are willing to do the mods most of us have and dyno between each one, awesome

but most of us know we get something, just from proven data before from the mods we perform

Comment

I don't think many would argue that getting some solid figures would be, at the very least useful, and ultimately beneficial to reach a benchmark for each engine.

I propose, if it has not been before, we set up a series of dynos. Using the 3500 and the 3900 to start.

What I am thinking is, if there is someone in the community willing to dyno their ride before and after the myriad of mods, mainly intake & exhaust, the commune could pitch in for such specs. That way as a whole we have established benchmarks on what we are getting out of the mods we are using and no single individual bears the entire cost (which appears to be a large concern)

Of course the group would set what would be tested.

Just my thought, I may be the only one actually interested in this...

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
                it isnt that we dont want to know what we are getting, but dynos arent cheap and most of us dont have easy access to them
                This is why most don't do it. You are talking at least 60 bucks each time..... That adds up and cuts into your mod money. Post of us do the seat of your pants dyno and the only mods out there are all pretty effective when it comes to that.

Just do a lot of searching and reading and post in the thread designated for those mods to get the best response.

Good luck with setting up your test but since most of us are doing different things with our cars I doubt you will be able to find a group of people to test parts and provide consistent results. You need to control all the variables which is hard, including using the exact same dyno to compare data. Since all Dynos are different the only way to truly do that is same car same dyno.

John
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                  You need to control all the variables which is hard, including using the exact same dyno to compare data. Since all Dynos are different the only way to truly do that is same car same dyno.
                  That is the biggest problem. Also since most of these mods are under 10whp they are very hard to see. Most cars run with a 5hp difference after 3 runs, and I've seen a 15hp swing day to day.
                  04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                  Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by jnak

7 HP for a mod that cost over $300!? wow makes me wonder what I really got out of my intake and exhaust. Anyone else know of someone who did a before and after dyno for their tune? I thought it was suppose to be 10 to 15 HP at the wheels?

Comment

Re: Mod Specs

3 year old thread revival?
                      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                      2005 CGM GTO.
                      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

oops found this in a search, didnt realize it was almost 4 years old sorry to be bring up an old topic Isnt there any thing newer on this cuz that was from a VMS tune and most evrybody gets them from chris now?

Comment

I believe at that point Chris was with VMS, now he is and does WAMS tunes, but you can still get a VMS tune.
                          Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

yea I already knew that but from what I read on both VMS and WAMS web site is that it was a 15 HP gain at the wheels and the dyno results for the one mentioned above show a 7 HP gain so I didnt know if anyone else did a before and after dyno for their tune

Comment

If it helps, I have purchased a 93 octane tune for my 3.9l 6M and when I go to get it installed I will be doing before and after dyno pulls. That way I will know exactly what was gained. My only other engine mod is a CRAB CAB + resonator delete. I won't be installing it till after the new year most likely.
                              Black 2006 G6 GTP Sedan 6M
                              Mods- 18" Forte F57 Phantoms with Kumho Ecsta 4X 235/45-18 from Discount Tire, Unique Coatings Tinted Tails, Racinline front strut bar and motor mount inserts, CRAB CAB, WAMS 93 octane tune, BMD Adjustable Swaybar Endlinks, Black Overlays, 5% tint, Spyder Smoked/Chrome Projector Headlights with 6k HID's, Complete LED Conversion Inside and Outside, Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                              X