looking to replace stock speakers..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to replace stock speakers..

Alright guys so im looking to replace my stock speakers, im not looking to add any new speakers or anything but i was wondering what kind of speakers you think i should replace the stock ones with and what all i'll need to replace them??

I have an '06 coupe with the monsoon system in it

Thanks for the help!

Re: looking to replace stock speakers..

SERIOUSLY? no advice at all? BUMP.

Comment

infiniti kappa 6x9's
      09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

I put alpine type s in mine, but i dont have the monsoon system.

Dark Steel Gray Metallic 2.4 litre ecotec, 5% lumar tint on the back, Luminics Ultra White 5150k headlights, 12" Kicker Comp VR sub, 300.1 Rockford Fosgate amp, K & N Drop in air filter, Leds under dash and in trunk, Debadged, Red Calipers, Black Overlays on Emblems.

Comment

whats your budget like? personally i'd get JL components front and back. They will give you the best sound quality. I'm rockin alpine Type X's up front and JL c2 6x9s in the rear. i wish i had gotten type x's for the back as well but didnt. Next time i get new speakers ill either be going with JL components or Cadence components

Comment

clarion or pioneer A series or better
            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah my budget is around 500 to spend on speakers, which is why im only trying to replace the stock speakers lol

Comment

I was interested in the same thing a while back, so far i haven't got that done, i just added a 12" Audiobahn sub with a JL audio AMP and sub control hooked up to the sock deck.

But when i inquired about getting my rear speakers changed at a Audio shop they said since i have the monsoon system they have to change everything to make it work, like all speakers and head unit. I didn't really wanna do that so i haven't. I think this is because the Monsoon system is set up particularly to the current speaker configuration, and if you were to just change the speakers then it wouldn't work well (not to mention the connectors apparently are different).

I was told this a while back, not sure how accurate it really is anymore...but this is all i know so far.

Comment

so with $500 i would recommend JL C2-650 for the front and JL C2-650x for the rears or JL C2-690tx for the rear

Comment

Alright thanks alot! what else do I need to replace the speakers? any wires or different connectors?

Comment

the only thing you should need is connectors, assuming you want to connect them that way. personally i would solder the wires to the speakers. i've have bad experiences with the connectors.

Comment

the reason i said infinity kappa's is they have the 4 post connectors, they plug and play with the monsoon, they are the only ones i could find that just drop in, if you get other speakers with the monsoon you will only get highs or lows from the rears not both, if you want something else you have to totally ditch the factory and go all aftermarket
                        09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

The type X components also have 4 post connectors on the crossovers, dont know about the JL's as i have the coaxial 6x9s but it would not surprised if they do.

Comment

Working...
                          X