Mitsubishi Eclipse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Eclipse

Today I went out to lunch and i saw a new Eclipse for the first time, WOW that thing is FUGLY!

I almost ran a red light because I was blinded by uglyness. Why have i never seen one of these on the road? Well. I answered my own question...

Who would want to drive one of these? I was almost embarrased for the driver... how sad.

2006 GTP Sedan, Black, 18% Carbon Tint All Around...
    The G-Spot

265hp, could be fun. I'm reserving judgement until I have driven it
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

^I agree. Not the best looking, but if it's got the power..

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

I see them everywhere. They look pretty good in black, because all of the ugly lines aren't as visible.
        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
          I see them everywhere. They look pretty good in black, because all of the ugly lines aren't as visible.
          Agreed...I was looking at one before I got my G6
          2006 Liquid Quicksilver Coupe GTP

Comment

I like them, for some reason thats the one car I have always liked. Not saying there hot and the best car ever or anything lol, but as far a desing wise I like all the styles that where out for it. Almost bought a gen 3 before and continplated one when deciding on what new car I was going to buy last year
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I actually didn't like them at first, but kinda do now.
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

I just wasn't sure about the mitsubishi name....something about the heads in the engine giving out at around 100K miles...
                -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I just wasn't sure about the mitsubishi name....something about the heads in the engine giving out at around 100K miles...
                  Its the timming belts on them unfortinally. They have strugled with timming belt troubles since they came out. Suposivly the new 4cly think its a 2.2L and the GT 3.8L are supose to be all new desing and not have that problem......... Anyway since your prob intrested in the story lol, There belts gave out premiturly alot and/or when it hit 100K and supose to change the belt, people would skip on that part of mantinace and that was the fatel mistake to them. Ussally as we know when a timing belt breaks, it ussally bends the valves ect, ect in the heads and the car need new heads now. But some how, how there engine is setup when the belt snaps, instead of just needing head(s) it also destroyes the lower end some how. The lower end of how it destorys it I have never gotten stright to explain it back. There for the whole motor is then trash and a new one needed, thats the famous 100K engine problems they have.
                  2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                  Gotta have it Green color
                  Brembo brake package
                  420 HP 5.0L
                  Ford Racing Power Pack
                  GT500 track pack differential cover
                  BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

that's only the gt model with 260 hp, the gs only has 160

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

i like them, i looked at them before i bought my pontiac. we had one in at work the other day and the GT V6 is definitely quick but i hated the interior so much. after actually being in one i could never own one.

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
                        Its the timming belts on them unfortinally. They have strugled with timming belt troubles since they came out. Suposivly the new 4cly think its a 2.2L and the GT 3.8L are supose to be all new desing and not have that problem......... Anyway since your prob intrested in the story lol, There belts gave out premiturly alot and/or when it hit 100K and supose to change the belt, people would skip on that part of mantinace and that was the fatel mistake to them. Ussally as we know when a timing belt breaks, it ussally bends the valves ect, ect in the heads and the car need new heads now. But some how, how there engine is setup when the belt snaps, instead of just needing head(s) it also destroyes the lower end some how. The lower end of how it destorys it I have never gotten stright to explain it back. There for the whole motor is then trash and a new one needed, thats the famous 100K engine problems they have.
                        is it true that they actually explained this in the owners manual/maintenance guide too though? That's what I heard.
                        -Mike #1

Comment

I don't like 'em. Interior is junk, small too. The only thing I like is the power rating. Still though, that much through a trans without an LSD is kinda useless. That was the only thing I wasn't totally happy about when I bought the 6er.
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

well, failing to do routine maintenance does tend to cause failures.

Comment

Mitsubishi was once a great car company but seems to have gone downhill in the last few years. The last generation Galant and the 3000GT were great designs. Now nothing from them seems to catch my eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X