120 AMP Altenator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 AMP Altenator

I am about to install a 3200 watt max RMS system in my 6 and was wondering if a 120 amp altenator would be able to charge the crank battery and 2 kinetik HC1800 power cells. According to their website, I need the 2 cells for the system and I think that the stock altenator won't cut it. Is this the best way to go or is there a better way?

where are u getting the 12amp alternator from. all i can find is the stock 78amps

Comment

Just go to search and type in altenator and when the results come up it is the last topic you can pick. It should be called Part Numbers-120 altenator

Comment

here's the link:

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24

i'd definitely upgrade the alternator with a system drawing that much. anything would be better than stock.

Comment

what do our stock alts put out & what is AMPS 120 (with RPO 125 AMP(KG7))
          with RPO 125 AMP(KG7)) ???
          My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

can some one please tell me what so special about this alt??
            My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

Comment

max and rms are different. Which one is it? and look at the fuse rating for these amps to see what the max they will draw. Idealy you would want to match the excess amperage to the amps with excess from the alt. So say you are pulling an extra 250 amps you would want to try to find an alt that is 300 amps or dual alts. This won't happen for our cars so your best bet is to hunt for a 200 amp alt and some extra batterys and upgrade your big 3 and make sure you have the amp or amps grounded to the frame of the car and not the body.
              Originally posted by Nikki
              You are an e-pimp.
              Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
              I tried too, my penis way too big
              07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
              My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
              The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Another thing you could do it look into getting your alternator rewound, sometimes it's cheaper than buying a new one and the results are the same.

Just something to think about.

Comment

that is smary... i never thought about that
                  !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                  FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                  SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                  14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Working...
                  X