Rear Deck Rattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Deck Rattle

I ran a search and nothing popped out immediatly, but I'm getting a serious rattle from my rear deck, even with the sub off, the 6x9s make a horrid rattle with anything below ~200Hz.

I can't find for the life of me what it is. It sounds like its from the RR speaker area, but everything seems like its still connected ok.

I wonder if it might be the 3rd brake light, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

mine is the 3rd brake light and there are threads about this out there....i've been too lazy to rectify the situation even though sometimes it really pisses me off...i have some rubber foam strips with adhesive on one side that i think i'm gonna put between the light and the window
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

it's the 3rd brake light! There are like 4 or 6 plastic tabs the stick through into the trunk, and they aren't very tight fitting in the holes, so they rattle around......now to come up with a way to make them stop making so much damn noise.....hmmmmmm......
      Black 06 GTP Coupe - Dr. Speed Cold Air Box, Tinted Windows, Projektorz - Coming this week: Grafxworks Pontiac overlays all around, Black Painted Calipers w/ ZZP Decals and Rockblocker Smoked Tail Light Covers !!

Comment

Originally posted by MYfynGTP
        it's the 3rd brake light! There are like 4 or 6 plastic tabs the stick through into the trunk, and they aren't very tight fitting in the holes, so they rattle around......now to come up with a way to make them stop making so much damn noise.....hmmmmmm......
        we use this stuff at work to fix everything...it's called 20 second epoxy. i bet it would do the trick. :smoke:

Comment

I keep bringing it to the dealer, last time they blamed the XM unit. :P
          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Actually I had to take my rear speakers out. The speakers mount to an adapter and the adapter roke on both from the subs shaking the 6x9's. I would take mine back to the dealer but I had eclipse 4 ways back there so they would just turn me around. I also had a rattle from the 3rd brake light so I took the cover off and put some foam tape at aht contact points and it is great now.
            Originally posted by Nikki
            You are an e-pimp.
            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
            I tried too, my penis way too big
            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
            X