Heated and Cooled Cupholders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated and Cooled Cupholders

The new Chrysler Sebring has heated and cooled cupholders. I think its a great idea.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/22/chry ... s-release/

I dont care much for the car itself but I like this feature.

Heated and cooled cupholders, Lexus has a car that will parallel park itself. Whats next?
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

I thought I read about this somewhere else too - doesn't someone else use heated/cooled cupholders?
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
      I thought I read about this somewhere else too - doesn't someone else use heated/cooled cupholders?
      '06 BMW 3-series

Comment

That would be really useful. My coffee usually gets finished in time but my cold drinks get warm too fast in the summer.
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

You could always get one of those usb desktop chiller/heaters, and mod it up to use those. A friend of mine did that in his car, worked out really good actually

Comment

that's kinda neat!!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
              that's kinda neat!!
              neat... but still...

I wish cars were simpler... not more and more complicated
              Originally posted by TLS2000
              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Thats cool, It's kinda like the Dodge calibur, The glove box chills bottles and the cup holders are illuminated.

http://www.dodge.com/en/caliber/vehicle.html

Comment

Didn't chrysler learn their lesson in poor design with that grooved hood was a when the crapfire...err...crossfire...became a huge design flop??
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

The look of the new Sebring sucks but it has a lot of cool features that I wish the G6 would have. Overall the Sebring is a better value than the G6.

VW also has a refrigerated glove box to keep things cool. It's kind of gimmicky but nice to have.

Comment

Re: Heated and Cooled Cupholders

Originally posted by GTP80
                      Heated and cooled cupholders, Lexus has a car that will parallel park itself. Whats next?
                      a car that can fly

but dont u think heating the cup...atleast the one in there picture would just make the outside hot? i mean thats an insulated mug, id think it would just make the outside hot then someone would burn there hand somehow then go crazy lose control and drive into something, just a horrible idea. lol
                      what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Originally posted by Vandie
                        Originally posted by GTP80
                        a car that can fly

but dont u think heating the cup...atleast the one in there picture would just make the outside hot? i mean thats an insulated mug, id think it would just make the outside hot then someone would burn there hand somehow then go crazy lose control and drive into something, just a horrible idea. lol
                        Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen....unless Chrysler plasters warnings everywhere in the cab: "WARNING! HEATED DRINKS ARE HOT!"

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                          Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen....unless Chrysler plasters warnings everywhere in the cab: "WARNING! HEATED DRINKS ARE HOT!"
                          I doubt it will be powerful enough to heat up your drinks. The purpose of the heated cup holder is merely to keep your hot drinks from getting cold.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom
                            I doubt it will be powerful enough to heat up your drinks. The purpose of the heated cup holder is merely to keep your hot drinks from getting cold.
                            According to the article, they heat up to 140F

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                            - DS S3 Intake
                            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                              Originally posted by mrslcom
                              According to the article, they heat up to 140F
                              Holy crap - how hot do heated seats typically get?

the high setting in the G6 isn't too bad - gets pretty warm. But I know in GM's trucks with the 3-temp setting, you're burning your ass, even in the dead of winter, by the time the seat gets up to full temperature
                              Originally posted by colinpeddle
                              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                              That here, by G6er law, we lie
                              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Working...
                              X