Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New iPod intergration solution (even better perhaps?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New iPod intergration solution (even better perhaps?)

http://www.imedock.com/

From engadget:
    "If you're genuinely frustrated with fuzzy (and "dangerous") FM transmitter results, and aren't exactly keen on wiring up a separate connection for each DAP you own, Integrated Mobile Electronics has your solution. In a presumed attempt to alleviate the frustration of priopritary DAP-to-automobile liaisons (and grab the entire market's attention), the startup has unveiled the iMe in-car docking station. The device, like most other hardwired options, will require a good bit of DIY handiwork (and Excedrin Migraine pills), but will apparently channel audio to your sound system and even video to your LCD-equipped whip. The package will reportedly support the Apple iPod / nano, Microsoft Zune (including the unannounced "80GB" version), Creative Zen Vision:M, SanDisk Sansa, and iRiver Clix right out-of-the-box, and even touts the ability to charge your device while docked. While it's being marketed as an end-all solution to your in-car docking station needs, these all-in-one contraptions should certainly be approached with caution -- and while there's no info on pricing or availability, you can see its potential for yourself at the SEMA expo this month."

Looks like this could be perfect for some around here, myself included. The added ability to play video through the in dash video player is very cool as well. This may fit perfectly in the g6 in front of the little cubby hole under the climate control. Wait and see!!!
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

No info on pricing....which probably means it will cost $400.

Comment

i'm curious as to how many people actually use multiple mp3 players. i would tend to think most only own one or only use one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
        i'm curious as to how many people actually use multiple mp3 players. i would tend to think most only own one or only use one at a time.
        Me too...I have several devices that can play MP3s (PSP, cell phone, PDA) but only use my iPod. The iPod is the only device I have that actually has MP3s on it (other than my computers, of course).

Comment

I only have one that I use for mp3's as well. (ipod) But there are a good number of times where I have friends who have other devices and want to put music on. ie "you've got to hear this song".

But you're right on the price, i'd say it'll be around 299 to 399.

The hardwired,charging and non-cigarette adapter using features are nice tho.
          The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

SO how does it tie in to the system? cus the G6 doesn't have a spare auxillary in does it?
            Originally posted by colinpeddle
            They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
            That here, by G6er law, we lie
            Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
            THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

In the centre console and by the end of the ebrake
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

I think he meant an aux input on the head unit.

Comment

it says it gets hard wired into the radio

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    I think he meant an aux input on the head unit.
                    Originally posted by bristol16
                    it says it gets hard wired into the radio
                    Yea I saw that, but how? Isn't there a lack of an auxillary input into the radio, hence the problem we have now anyway?
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

just checked out their website, g6 doesn't seem to be currently supported. Actually, everything on the page is just a preorder. I really wish the axxess box would work with zune like it does the iPod.

Comment

Working...
                      X