• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Recalling 1.5 Million Vehicles

Here we go again....
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1623464

Re: Toyota Recalling 1.5 Million Vehicles

All I have to say is wow, I mean I hope every single engineer is fired that was involved in this screw up. Toyota is still afloat after the first screw up, and now this? I wonder how much longer they will be around for.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
    2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
    Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

Bad times for Toyota
      Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by SFLAGTP View Post
        Bad times for Toyota
        Good times for GM...
        I hope these defective parts weren't made in the US though otherwise we would just be laughing at ourselves.

Comment

all i could say is just epic fail for them.... i've wonder how they gonna deal with tesla with this situation

Comment

at least they send out a recall when their parts are defective as opposed to dancing around the issue like GM seems to do

Jimmy

sigpic

Comment

but that's a lot of recalls though for a car company....

Comment

luckily it wasnt a recall for my camry. im hoping that some for my car dont come up
                2011 Toyota Camry- gunmetal gray-7,869 miles
                2008 Pontiac G6, white- 26,065 miles- traded in

Comment

Originally posted by vic1212 View Post
                  but that's a lot of recalls though for a car company....
                  Not really.. Ford and GM kick toyotas ass when it comes to having the most recalls. People give Toyota shit but compared to GM they are choir boys.

According to the report from NHTSA & NASA, of the 58 cases of sudden unintended acceleration studied, 35 recorders showed that brakes were not applied, 14 cases involved partial braking, and one incident involved a case of pedal entrapment. But lets put this in perspective. This is a "new" technology. Well at least to the auto industry. Us in the aviation community have dealt with electronic throttle control systems of many different types for probably the last 20 years or so. That's just in the basic aircraft. I'm not talking high end stuff. I'm not sure what Toyota's throttle position sensors are based off of so I wont go into the design. Anyways look at the issue. A new technology gone bad. An idea that didn't work.

Lets travel back to 1973. GM wants to have their pick up trucks have a 40gal capacity. They over rule the engineers and install them on the outside of the protective frame rail. Engineers then offered a shield design to protect the fuel tank which was still turned down by GM execs. 10 years later after all the fire related deaths in these trucks were mounting GM did another test. Proving again that their design was causing the issues. GM did a cost benefit analysis and concluded that it was not worth it to spend $2.20 per vehicle to prevent the issue. autosafety.org PDF Now lets go 20 years ahead in 1993. NHTSA calls on GM to recall it's trucks from 73-87 and GM basicly tells them to fuck off. (Center for Auto Safety PDF).

The NHTSA begin recording fire related deaths in these trucks from 93-00 NHTSA PDF. All in all over 1800 people are estimated killed because of fire related deaths from GM's design. Chrysler back in the late 60's basically said it's a stupid idea and people were gonna die. Chrysler study PDF

Companies make mistakes. But Jesus Christ the hypocrisy that happened early this year is just embarrassing. Both from the media and US auto manufactures. Mostly from GM that I saw. Ford didn't play into it as much because they weren't on the chopping block. It's especially sad considering GM and Toyota had shared platforms and worked together on many different vehicles.

Comment

which that brought up to the point of why the vibe was consider a recall cuz of the sudden acceleration that matrix has...

Comment

Originally posted by vic1212 View Post
                      which that brought up to the point of why the vibe was consider a recall cuz of the sudden acceleration that matrix has...
                      It was. It shares the exact same powertrain as its matrix counterpart. Mysteriously there were no issues of crashes of any sort for the pontiac version. That just goes to show just how much bullshit the American consumers can be full of. That fact plus the study released by the NHTSA and NASA. Same fucking car with an american badge and magically there are no issues. Wtf ever.

Comment

idk sometimes this would just pull my hair off

Comment

There are a lot of dirty politics when it comes to the auto industry.
                          When the auto executives knowingly put public safety at risk for the sake of profits, they should be criminally charged.

Comment

eh i'm just so over it...

Comment

Working...
                            X