Change function of steering wheel controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change function of steering wheel controls

I have the '06 with monsoon, and 3 spoke wheel.
    Is it possible to change the function of the '1-6' button (radio preset cycle, or disk change) to say mute. The 4-spoke has the mute button, and I would like to have one.
    Do the 3 and 4 spoke wheels have the same connector where they connect to whereever they connect to? If they do, does anyone know what the pin-outs are?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Re: Change function of steering wheel controls

BUMP!
    Anyone got an answer?

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

there is a way to make a mute button. it involves reprograming the radio as one that doesnt have steering wheel controls. problem is going that you lose all the other functions too. they all do something else i dont rememebr what at teh moment

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

So there is no easy way, like just moving one of the wires in the wiring harness?

Comment

I am not sure how easy it would be. From what I read, it works on resistance values, and not just wire positions. That being said, my aura has a Mute in place of the 1-6 buttons. You might be able to get the controls from an aura and replace your current ones, as I would assume that the controls are what decide the functions, not the radio. I can't confirm this at the moment though.

Here is a wheel on ebay that looks like mine:

And there is a difference in the 09's:
          2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
            I am not sure how easy it would be. From what I read, it works on resistance values, and not just wire positions. That being said, my aura has a Mute in place of the 1-6 buttons. You might be able to get the controls from an aura and replace your current ones, as I would assume that the controls are what decide the functions, not the radio. I can't confirm this at the moment though.

Here is a wheel on ebay that looks like mine:

And there is a difference in the 09's:
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-09...Q5fAccessories
            Not to hijack this thread... But are those paddle shifters... And can they be put on the G6??

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
            Originally posted by wzbhnn
            We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
              Not to hijack this thread... But are those paddle shifters... And can they be put on the G6??
              please say yes, please say yes

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                please say yes, please say yes

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
                Originally posted by wzbhnn
                We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Matts06GT View Post
                  When I take apart my centre console I'll take a look, I would put money it being possible

New thread: Adding Paddleshifters
                  Last edited by BORN2SKI; 10-19-2010, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Back to the original topic, I check some wiring diagrams for the G6 and Aura, and they show the buttons as being different, so you should be able to get a module on the wheel from an Aura and be good. Can't confirm it, but that's my guess
                    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

my guess is its all in the radio since programming the radio for steering wheel controls changes what they do

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                      X