EBC Brake Rotors and Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC Brake Rotors and Pads

I searched the forums and didn't find anything about EBC brakes. Does anyone know anything about the company? http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html. They're offering front & rear discs for GT and base, and several sets of pads for varying performance levels. I'm looking for something good for everyday street driving and occasional track use. It looks like either their "Green Stuff" or "Red Stuff" is what I want. Any thoughts?
    "Drive fast, take chances" -Danica Patrick

Quality products! I have heard great things from some GP guys though I have never used them.
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I had the "Green Stuff" pads on a 2003 Mercedes C230 Kompressor Coupe
      and a 2000 VW Jetta 1.8T.

I was after a decrease in brake dust with good "cold performance" reviews.

They were worth the $$$$$

Thanks,

Chris M. :warped:
      Black GTP, 6-speed
      Ottawa, Ontario
      Go Sens!!!

Comment

EBC of today makes a really good pad. A couple years ago they were that great, but now they have their act together.

I would do greens. The red are a bit more aggresive, and even the greens will impress you compared to the factory pads.

I know nothing about their rotors.
        04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
        Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Well, I was only thinking Red stuff because they recommend it for heavy cars or cars with 200+ hp. But I assume it wears faster and I probably wouldn't be going on the track often enough to justify it.
          "Drive fast, take chances" -Danica Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by AlmityDave
            Well, I was only thinking Red stuff because they recommend it for heavy cars or cars with 200+ hp. But I assume it wears faster and I probably wouldn't be going on the track often enough to justify it.
            It doesn't wear faster really. It has a higher heat range, so they may not work so good on a cold morning first thing, and they most likely make a bit of noise if you are just normal braking until they get nice and hot.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

I was actually going to be looking into getting new brakes and rotors. Ill probably try them out.
              BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I pulled up their fitment chart but how do I find out what kind of calipers came stock on my car?
                BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Working...
                X