Suspension Techniques NON greaseble sway bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Techniques NON greaseble sway bushings

Well, after calling every GM dealer in PR, several performance shops and even custom suspension shops here.... I found these while lurking on Ebay at the lowball price of 4.10. Yep 4 dollars and 10 cents plus 4.00 shipping!!
    Anyway, after studying the install guide and blaming GM engineers about a shitty install design and function, finally I installed the bushings.

The difference is quite remarkable!!
    Beware though...if your sway bar links are toast.... be ready to hear them clunking everytime you take a hole.

One thing baffles me is that I didnt need to reduce the bushings in order to acomodate the radius shoulder on the passenger side as the bushing fits inside with no problems.

Bit of advice, lube them well before starting and use some rubber gloves. That grease sticks you the finger quite good, and lubing them before you put a fresh coat of grease without any dirt.
    Also, clean the area on the bar where the bushing rides.

As for squeaks or noises.....its too soon to judge that.

Re: Suspension Techniques NON greaseble sway bushings

any links?? I been looking for some because mine are finished... Dealer wants like 30 bucks a piece for one so... I need a better alternative
    2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
    Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

check Ebay, there are hundreds of items.
      All depends on sway bar thickness. LMK yours so I can send some with "buy it now" function.

the most expensive ones were like 16 plus shipping.

Comment

I have just a v6 so i believe those are the 19mm ones...
        Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Did you install the rear also???
          GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

the rear are fine....
            and frankly I dont think I am going to see the rears failing anytime soon.

Comment

Hmmmm, I guess my popping noise in the back may not my sway bar bushings then.... I have been getting a popping noise for awhile now and trying to narrow it down.
              Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

any luck yet finding those bushings?
                Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

If you do the front you should do the rear also its like changing 2 tires at a time instead of all 4
                  GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Comment

Checked mine out back, they are toast... Need some bushings but can't find these Suspension technique ones on ebay.

Would these work for the back
                    Last edited by KoolG6; 10-12-2010, 10:55 PM.
                    Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

i have a set here waiting to be installled but not sure how to get the bushings out, looks like its going to take awhile

Comment

Originally posted by KoolG6 View Post
                        any luck yet finding those bushings?
                        any autozone, advance, napa, oreily's, etc. carries ENERGY SUSPENSION bushings at maybe 10-15 bucks a set..

google energy suspension, find the non-greaseable bushings, get your sizes' part numbers and go to the store. 3-4 days you have your stuff w/ no shipping

also.. i put together a how-to for the fronts if anyone needs help

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                          How about a link to said how-to?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                            any autozone, advance, napa, oreily's, etc. carries ENERGY SUSPENSION bushings at maybe 10-15 bucks a set..

google energy suspension, find the non-greaseable bushings, get your sizes' part numbers and go to the store. 3-4 days you have your stuff w/ no shipping

Living in Canada, it's a little harder then that... Is the rear bars the same size as the front's??
                            Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                              How about a link to said how-to?
                              you can search can't you? i did a quick search using the search bar at the top.. i put in "sway bar bushing how-to" and it was the 7th result.. http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...bushing+how-to

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

Working...
                              X