Replacing 6 by 9 rear speaker grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing 6 by 9 rear speaker grills?

Im out here replacing my rear speakers with some alpine type r's and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the stock grills. They seem like they are just plastic pins that they melted flat on the bottom side. Can't really just pry them off so what should I do? Ill take pics now.

Update: I used needle nose pliers stuck one side in the hole and pried them off piece by piece then just pulled the grill out. I'm gonna need to make some felt surround for the new grill to cover up the holes from the larger stock grill though...ugh
    Last edited by xxbrandonxx; 10-04-2010, 03:13 PM.
    2007 G6 2.4L VVT Ecotec- Black Sedan
    Appearance: Tinted Tails, 15% Tint, Black Calipers, Black Overlays and Eyelids, Black Painted Upper Grills, Blacked out door trim, Flowmaster exhaust tip, G5 GT Wheels, Red Interior LEDs, Red LED Dome, removed front plate, added oem fogs
    Performance: WAMS 93 ECU and TCM tune, Injen CAI, and Racingline STB
    Future plans: Red LED Trunk Wiring, Black headlights, exhaust, black rims, eibach springs

Re: Replacing 6 by 9 rear speaker grills?

I have the stock G6 grille's over my aftermarket 6x9s in my sedan. The ones that came with the aftermarkets looked awesome, but they didn't fit over the existing hole in the deck.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Re: Replacing 6 by 9 rear speaker grills?

I broke off the old grilles then traced the new ones and cut, then new felt around them and done! they look wayyyy better this way!
      The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

Working...
      X