Clear All

• Goodyear Eagle GT Tires

Brand:Goodyear Eagle GT
    Size:225/35WR20
    Price:170 Each CDN (off season sale)
    Purchased From: Autostyling Niagara

Installation: Not a diy ,Tire shop did the work
    Installation Time:1 hour
    Any Installation Tips You Have: Installer said to run my size 10lbs less than what it recommends on the tire. Will cause the tire to wear faster and ride rougher.

Quality of Part:8 out of 10
    In the rain it hydroplanes alot and kicks up alot of water on car behind me. My friend was driving behind me one night in the rain and he said it kicked up as much water as a semi truck. Looks aggressive with the dual patterns and is uni-directional so you don't have to remember what side of the car it was on.

Performance of part:8.5 out of 10
    When its hot and dry it sticks!! Road noise is average for a tire with less than 2" of side wall and so is ride,There are other sizes with more of a sidewall. In the wet is OK not the greatest but most performance tires are.Drove a whole summer on them and there still at +70 percent thread, and I do alot of driving. Highway trips are smooth as silk as long as theres no dips or bumps.

Would you Recommend to Others: Yes anyday

Re: Goodyear Eagle GT Tires

I had these tires on my car for over 40K miles and hated them. They were very loud, and didnt care for them. I now have Yokohama Avid TRZ's... much cheaper, much quieter, and better handeling.

Comment

i bought my 6 with them on. 225/50/17's . car had 23k when i bought it and now has 36k and this month will be a full year with the car and i am still great on tire tread life. will easily make it thro this winter and atleast spring with them
      ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

My only things I have noticed is that they wander on the road and that my car spins them very easily. But with a few hundred miles they're not too bad. Not much noise and seemed alright in the rain. Wish I would have spent a little more and bought continental extreme contact dws.
        2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
        2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Originally posted by The01Cav View Post
          My only things I have noticed is that they wander on the road and that my car spins them very easily. But with a few hundred miles they're not too bad. Not much noise and seemed alright in the rain. Wish I would have spent a little more and bought continental extreme contact dws.

I actually have the ExtremeContact DWS, got them from TireRack. They also wonder just a tad on dry pavement, more than the stock Hankooks did. Though they were bald when I replaced them so on dry pavement, they gripped like a champ . The DWS's though are good in the snow.
          Last edited by determined419; 11-09-2011, 09:25 PM.
          Blue 2008 G6 GT Sedan-Sold

In its place- Fully loaded Black 2013 Chrysler 300C AWD 5.7L Hemi V8

Originally posted by zlatsky
          I <3 Cody.

No homo.
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          i <3 cody

lots of homo

Comment

im not sure what "wander" on the road means.. idk how you guys are driving yours and id say infamous and cav arent to hard on them having 20" wheels, but i have no complaints at all. i thought they rocked even with a couple inches of snow and during/after a good rain
            ***CLICK FOR PROGRESSION***

Comment

They tend to follow imperfections like ruts and things of that such in the rd.
              2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
              2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Comment

Working...
              X