Help radio not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help radio not working

So yesterday i was listening to the radio no problem. Now today i want to listen to the radio but the only thing that comes up is clock adjustment;this is if i hit any of the buttons excluding the menu. Power button, tune dial,preset buttons,etc. If some know what i can do to fix this i would greatly appreciate. Also i disconnected the ground from the battery for 10 seconds tried again but to no avail.
    once again thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Help radio not working

check fuses. i believe the radio is controlled by multiple.
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i looked in the manual but one found one fuse that was linked to the radio(correct me if im wrong)
      I also made a video that might give you a better understanding of what is going on.
      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

well ive never seen that b4. looks like somethings gone haywire in the radio. best suggestion i have is pull the fuse (thats teh only one) and leave it out for a while like a half hour or so then try putting it back in and maybe itll rest itself. otherwise i think it may be FUBAR

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

mine had been messing up also. It wont turn on. It kinda looks like it freezes up on that screen. After a while it just seems to turn on itself and doesnt do it again for a while. I've never had what you had happen. I'm curious to see how this turns out.
          2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

If its dead don't worry too much, I got a radio off ebay for $90 (well I upgraded mine from no aux port to an aux port). I installed it myself then got it coded by the dealer. Cost me under $200 total, that's a lot better than going to the dealer and paying $300 for the radio alone then whatever coding and install is

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
            G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Thanks for all the ideas. As a follow up pulling the fuse and keeping it out for 2 days doesn't help. So the conclusion i have reached is that something has gone wrong within the head unit. So the way im gonna fix the problem is by installing a pioneer avh-p4200 which i was planning to do down the road but i guess it will get done sooner than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrorunner View Post
                So the way im gonna fix the problem is by installing a pioneer avh-p4200 which i was planning to do down the road but i guess it will get done sooner than expected.
                damn what a shame...i hate it when that happens...
                2009 PONTIAC G8
                MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

so another update my radio is working perfect now i had the fuse pulled for like 3 days and decided to try one more time and to my amazement it works fine now. It even tells me how far i have gone and my econ which is pretty cool. thanks for all the help

Comment

trip data such as mpg, trip odometer, etc. and oil life aren't stored in the radio, so you wouldn't lose any of it.
                    2009 PONTIAC G8
                    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

"I'm trying to do a video!...I'm not talking to myself..yet"

So the fuse did help? Mine just straight up wont even come on with the car, and I'm wondering if something similar might help?
                      DGC393's Progression

Mods

Performance:
                      1.CRABS with K&N Cold Air Filter
                      2.RES Delete
                      3.Variation on Lampoon's RAM Air
                      4. Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic
                      5.Full Catback Stainless Steel Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Appearance:
                      1.Rebadged/Debadged- GT Delete, G6 to trunk, Pontiac to dash
                      2.20% Window Tint (All windows)
                      3.Upper Recessed Grilles
                      4.Lower Recessed Grilles
                      5.Upgrated G6 embroidered carpets
                      6. Temple and G6P Stuntin'
                      7.Tinted Tail Lights (reverse blocks white)
                      8.Fog lights ever on
                      9.Tinted emblems
                      10.Pontiac seatbelt pads
                      11.Pontiac logo tire caps
                      12.Eagle Eye headlights (black bezel)
                      13.Eibach Prokit
                      14. Color matched, AIT Fiberglass Hood

Comment

yeah i pulled the fuse for 1 week reinstalled it and the radio randomly started to work again

Comment

Working...
                        X