Resistor on the IAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor on the IAT

Ok I got a resistor for my IAT to give it a small boost, but i cant figure out where the damn wires are. I took a picture of what I think they might be...

I know there is two wires that make it up, a black and red, and somewhere I read it might be in a combination fitting with the MAI and what-not
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Don't use it, first off its not going to do anything and second it will probably throw a code then you'll have to go to the dealer and have it reset.

Our car's don't have a separate IAT sensor I don't believe-should be integrated into the MAF. Now on smaller engines like my cavvy and other 4 cylinders all they have is an IAT in the intake tube. Believe me its not worth the 5 minutes out of your life. I did this to my cavvy and it didn't do jack. There's posts in the forums in 2-3 different threads about these things.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Well a lot of people say it does make acceleration feel a little bit different and stuff, I mean before I knew that it was just a resistor I bought this for like $20 so i might as well try it...
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[BREATH]oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo[BREATH]oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

BIGGEST NO NO IN THE WORLD!! YOu WILL cause a check engine light using that BS, it WILL hurt performance regardless, and it WILL most definetly void your warranty if caught. The resitor mod can be done for about 40 cents at radio shack..but it's still the worst thing you can do. I have done dyno tests with and without it.. on a Ford Ranger.. and it actually DECREASED performance by 15 hp and tq by 10.
        Straight up Pimp Trollin'
        2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
        w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Do not do this. It does nothing.
          Colin.
          06 G6 GTP. 6spd.
          92 Sunbird GT, 3200 Hybrid N/A 13.99 @ 95.22mph
          90 Talon TSi -13.76 @ 99.41

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo
            Well a lot of people say it does make acceleration feel a little bit different and stuff, I mean before I knew that it was just a resistor I bought this for like $20 so i might as well try it...
            They are all full of shit.

The IAT will NEVER add timing, it will only pull timing with a warmer air charge. Telling the PCM that its 50F out will only prevent it from pulling timing when its 80 out.
            2009 Panther Black G8 GT
            334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

It's such a bad mod.. BRIAN PEPPERS WOULD SUPPORT IT!

Fight the temptation!

Comment

well we dont want to support brian peppers.

Comment

haha, yea acceleration gains from the butt dyno! It's all in your head. People say "you'll gain 10 horse by adding this on your IAT", so when you put it on you think, "Yea I feel that!"
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Exactly!! Kind alike how you thik your car runs better after a car wash and detail..it's all in your head, but I still think so, though. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Blackrider

The IAT will NEVER add timing, it will only pull timing with a warmer air charge. Telling the PCM that its 50F out will only prevent it from pulling timing when its 80 out.

Eh... actually.. some of the new ECM IAT scaler tables have adding functions on the cold end and retard on the hot end with a nice void in the middle. So technically it CAN add timing, still not a good idea though; maybe with premium fuel..
                      Chris White
                      http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                      2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                      2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                      2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                      2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                      2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Well the way these people sell them with no info with the resistors the buyer is left in the dark to just install it and leave everything alone with no hindsight to any damages that may occur. I still recommend against it.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPprix
                          Originally posted by Blackrider

Eh... actually.. some of the new ECM IAT scaler tables have adding functions on the cold end and retard on the hot end with a nice void in the middle. So technically it CAN add timing, still not a good idea though; maybe with premium fuel..
                          Grand Am's dont add anything, infact I dont think there is a 60 degree that does. I have ever seen IAT tables that add. But your right there are ones out there that will but usualy in bosted engines.
                          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Eh the 3900 does add.. heheh They have a new setup for the spark tables now.. It's quite interesting
                            Chris White
                            http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                            2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                            2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                            2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                            2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                            2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Well it'd be interested then what it might do.

Comment

Working...
                              X