Ground Wire Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Wire Kit?

Opinions? I can see how it can improve electrical efficiency of the sound system, lights, and such, but I can't seem to grasp how it would affect engine performance in any significant way.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
    - DS S3 Intake
    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

first impression... I gotta call on that one
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Thats BS
      3-5 Horsepower increase
      Increased Fuel Mileage
      Better Electrical Current (Headlights Brighter, Stereo stronger, etc.
      Dress' up your engine bay! <--- That would be your only advantage. You may also gain an extremely small gain in headlights and stereo.
      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Me too...I don't think it would add any power or mileage. Unless it makes your electrical system more efficient and reduces the load on the alternator? But even then I doubt it would yield 3-5 horsepower.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
          Me too...I don't think it would add any power or mileage. Unless it makes your electrical system more efficient and reduces the load on the alternator? But even then I doubt it would yield 3-5 horsepower.
          Improving your ground could possibly improve your electrical. Your system is as the saying goes, only as strong as its weakest link. You could have gold grounding wires but if your power wires are shit then you wont get anything.
          BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

On older cars a grounding kit sometimes makes a difference, but most modern cars have a pretty good system. Make your own if you want a kit. It would cost less than $10 for everything.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

this is one of those things that goes both ways. people call bs on it, people stand by the claims. but I have to agree that this would probably be useless on newer cars.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

It's kind of a ripoff of the big 3 upgrade, which will improve your electrical system.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                  That would be a heck of an alternator to draw anywhere near that much horsepower in the first place

"Dude, where's the rest of your engine supposed to go?"

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                  - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                  - DS S3 Intake
                  - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

grounding kit only help with the electrical system in modern cars. in older cars like the imports that everyone seemed to be so fond of at one point, those had poor enough grounding that a kit like that could help make a couple hp. improving the electrical system in them would help the ignition system work more efficiently.

Comment

Do the Big Three and make your own kit, less money and more results...

John
                      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I have friends with the evos and sti's and they claim to have small gains with their ground kit. I am not going to say that I agree or dissagree but they swore by it. So whatever. I guess the claim behind that would be like running the ac and a bunch of other stuff and your alt running higher to compensate for it. So your actual vehicle isn't getting the ideal amount of current. Bug 3 would do the same ifnot better for your performance.
                        Originally posted by Nikki
                        You are an e-pimp.
                        Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                        I tried too, my penis way too big
                        07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                        My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                        The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

I remembered an article a few years back about documented dyno numbers using a grounding kit.

So, I did a quick check of Import Tuner mag and found this write up/dyno.
                          Note- this is a "newer" car, 2002 Suzuki Aerio.

http://www.importtuner.com/powerpages/0 ... to_07.html

Do a search on their website and you will find other articles below the sponsored links.
                          Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                          -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

When I had my 350z, Alot of 350 owners put it on. They claimed it made the idle a bit smoother. I think it was mostly for looks but I can't be sure since I never installed one.

Comment

I dont know, they make sence. I know on the older cars a classic free way to yield as much as 10 HP was go to the ECU and put better ground on it and then the the fuel injectors that run ovously off of the ECU would get better current and put out a little more juice.

If to get one, I wouldnt get it for performance as I would if you have hot summers and have your AC running alot or in the cold winters with passengers and everything is on esp the heated seats to help compinsate for the bigger power drain and help out the alternator so doesnt put all the strain on it.

3-5HP gains are posible and wouldnt put it past it becuase it would help on the ignition and fuel injector current. But remeber this is the real world and it may dino 3HP more esp on the lower power bands but you will never notice a 3 RWHP gain. For a "3-5" HP alike gain just run your car with no more than a half of tank of gas.

I accally though about doing this before just as a project to do something but I would build my own from radio shack stuff for like 10 dollars
                              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                              Gotta have it Green color
                              Brembo brake package
                              420 HP 5.0L
                              Ford Racing Power Pack
                              GT500 track pack differential cover
                              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Working...
                              X