Wires for a 4ch amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wires for a 4ch amp?

Okay so I bought a 4ch amp and an amp wiring kit because that's what the installer said I needed. So the install is being done tomorrow and now looking at the kit I only see 2 RCA cables and if I'm correct don't I need 4? So will they be asking me to spend additional money when it actually is time to install it?
    Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Re: Wires for a 4ch amp?

Each RCA connection provides audio for two channels. Specifically you will have a rear RCA and a front RCA. It is then split into 4 channels. So you have RF, LF, LR, and RR (e.g Right Rear).
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

you need to get some 1 RCA Female to 2 RCA Male Y-Cable the bad side is you will lose fade rear to front they run from 1.00 and up
      i got some from the dollar store an few years back or go an buy another rca cable
      2005 Pontiac G6
      AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
        Each RCA connection provides audio for two channels. Specifically you will have a rear RCA and a front RCA. It is then split into 4 channels. So you have RF, LF, LR, and RR (e.g Right Rear).
        okay so if i got this right the RCA that i have is really one twisted pair that will provide audio for lets say RF and RR so i would need to buy a second twisted pair for LF and LR correct?
        Appearance: Sexy Electric Blue Metallic - 35% Tint, , Painted Calipers, Spyder Halo Projector Headlights, Red Under Dash LED's, Lower Grill Chrome Trim

Performance: Canuck Lowering Springs, Crabs O3 + FPU, Custom Dual Muffler Borla Exhaust, Front Adjustable End Links

Audio: Kenwood DNX5120 Double din, Hifonics HFI1000.1 Mono Amp, RE SEX12D4 12" Subwoofer (pushing 750w), Alpine Type S 6x9 Speakers, Jensen Power 720 amp

Comment

Yea, RCA cables are cheap. Make sure you get shielded ones for added protection. If you don't, you might regret it down the road.
          2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
          GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
          Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

in an RCA cable the center tip is the signal and the outer ring is the ground for ONE channel.....so for a 4 chanel amp you need 4 RCA cables which would be 2 dual RCAs

Comment

never use Y-cables in an automotive audio setup. no sense in springing for quality audio when you're going to use crappy wire components...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

i been using y-cables forever never had any noise or bad sound issues plus i used monster RCA for everything what if they want to run an mono amp and a 4 ch amp and they only had two rca output then what
                2005 Pontiac G6
                AVH-P3100DVD

Comment

Working...
                X