Best way to wire up my system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to wire up my system

I plan on installing 2 Alpine 10" Type X subs, 2 Alpine MRD-M1005 1000watt amps to power the subs, 1 Alpine MRP-F450 4-channel amp and that will power my Infinity Kappa 693.7I 6X9s and my Pioneer TS-A1671R 6 1/2" plus a Panasonic headunit and the Scosche Kit. I know that my battery will be stuggling to provide power to everything so I need to know what to do to buy this system work to its fulliest potential. I will probably go with an extra battery so I will want to know the best wire and gauge to buy, what type of primary and secondary battery to buy, how to hook it up the whole system, and make some serious noise. If anyone can help me...drop me a line.

Re: Best way to wire up my system

Originally posted by dabeast365
    I plan on installing 2 Alpine 10" Type X subs, 2 Alpine MRD-M1005 1000watt amps to power the subs, 1 Alpine MRP-F450 4-channel amp and that will power my Infinity Kappa 693.7I 6X9s and my Pioneer TS-A1671R 6 1/2" plus a Panasonic headunit and the Scosche Kit. I know that my battery will be stuggling to provide power to everything so I need to know what to do to buy this system work to its fulliest potential. I will probably go with an extra battery so I will want to know the best wire and gauge to buy, what type of primary and secondary battery to buy, how to hook it up the whole system, and make some serious noise. If anyone can help me...drop me a line.
    I wonder if this has been discussed before. Might try using the search.
    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

yellow top battery? shouldnt even need factory if you get one of those

maybe a cap too, to help store power..but shouldnt be needed with good battery

4 guage?

Comment

What is the difference between a yellow top battery and a red top battery?

Comment

yellow is best for systems as a second bat. The red is for the actual car gel cell. I would get a better one than optima though. I would run with a kenetic battery. They have up to 2400cca but you can get 1600 and that would be better than just a yellowtop and a cap. Or you can add a cap killer. It is a 600 cca kenetic bat that is less than 1/3 the size of a regular 600 cca bat. Works great for a second bat near the amp and equates to a 100 farad cap. Do the big 3 as well. I posted a how to in the how to section. It is a must if you are going to pull that much amperage.
          Originally posted by Nikki
          You are an e-pimp.
          Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
          I tried too, my penis way too big
          07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
          My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
          The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

has anyone here changed thier battery yet to a yellow or red tap. If so which one and does it have to be relocated??

Comment

I definitely plan on doing the big 3 but where can a I get the 600 cca kenetic battery at and what wiring do I need to do to make sure the alternator charges both batteries?

Comment

Originally posted by dabeast365
                I definitely plan on doing the big 3 but where can a I get the 600 cca kenetic battery at and what wiring do I need to do to make sure the alternator charges both batteries?
                You can run 0 guage wire to the rear of the car. You can hide the wires. i know cuz I have 0/1 all the way back. Use 4 guage for the big 3. Then all you need is the connectors. Like the bat terpinals and stuff. Just do a search on the net for the bat. I can get them for myself for a lil over 100 bucks. I think most shops sell them for around 130 - 160. There is also an 800 cca that is just a little more. If you have the space then I would get the 800. Not much bigger either.
                You are an e-pimp.
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.

Comment

If you want to make that kind of power just go get your alternator rewound first, all the batteries in the world won't do you any good if you can't keep them charged. You'll be better off if you go that way first imo.

Comment

Where can I find some pics of the big 3? Just would make it a little easier

Comment

Well I think I am the only one who has done it yet but there isn't really a way to mess it up. Wire from alt to fuse needs to be a 4 guage, from fuse to bat 4 guage, bat neg to frame. 4 guage. Simple enough. I wil post some pics when I get back.
                      You are an e-pimp.

Comment

Working...
                      X