Spun my car out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spun my car out.

So I was just wondering, I came around a gravel corner a bit too fast and my car did a complete 180 and I ended up on someones front lawn (in the country). They had a slight ditch but the wheels never left the ground and the car just slid to a stop without hitting anything. Should I be worried about alignment or anything? The car isn't pulling to the left or right and I haven't got any warnings, but just wondering.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
    2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
    Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Re: Spun my car out.

Facepalm
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009 View Post
      Facepalm

Ya I felt pretty dumb.... they had just put down fresh gravel and there were no signs up...

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

I would mostly just worry about learning to drive better lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquel View Post
          Ya I felt pretty dumb.... they had just put down fresh gravel and there were no signs up...
          why would there be signs?? you were going too fast plain and simple, you got lucky, learn from it
          09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

hey at least he wasn't drunk and turned a corner too fast hitting a curb and snapping the wheel axle out of the tranny...

Comment

Originally posted by g6cruiser View Post
              hey at least he wasn't drunk and turned a corner too fast hitting a curb and snapping the wheel axle out of the tranny...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquel View Post
                you shouldnt go more than like 10-15mph on a gravel road anyways if you want to keep your paint in good shape..........i noticed a TON or rock chips on the lower doors and rear quarte just from going down a gravel road at like 30mph only a few times before the whole car was repainted recently...........

that and the faster you go the more the rocks are gonna hit the underside of your car and chip off the paint and start rusting as soon as salt gets on it in the winter................so if you want to keep keep your car nice please slow down on gravel roads lol

Comment

hey man shit happens, nothing really should have happened to the car unless you hit something big or really got some air. Just check your tires after a couple thousand miles and make sure they're still wearing evenly
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

i must say...u start some of the most useless and dumb threads....you spun out hit nothin, nothin pulls to the right or left and you worried...dam man....stop makin stupid threads

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                      i must say...u start some of the most useless and dumb threads....you spun out hit nothin, nothin pulls to the right or left and you worried...dam man....stop makin stupid threads
                      You are a very angry person, you make some very angry and judgmental posts. Stop making so many miserable and judgmental posts. I was concerned that I may have done something to my car, get over it.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

i doubt anything is wrong but yeah i lived on a gravel road for years and my max speed in my G6 and goat is 12mph (avoiding rock chips) as far as control goes i never go over about 35
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

I'm sure he learned from it and im happy nothing major happened b/c of it. There is no need to get your panties in a bunch over it. He's just looking for some info from us members. It couldnt hurt to just check it out to be safe.
                          2011 Ibis B8 Audi S4

*When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?*

Comment

You might just wanna take it to a shop and have them check the alignment, it's worth it later down the road. precaution is always good, especially with something like this. Hate to find out down the road that your tires have worn irregularly and then you've gotta get all new tires and an alignment. Just be safe and have it checked.

As far as the driving, you've learned your lesson.
                            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Oh trust me I learned my mistake. I have never lost control of a car like that before so I had no idea if any damage could be done without hitting something. Car is going in on Monday for an alignment.

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X