WTF is this witchcraft?!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF is this witchcraft?!!!!!!

Ever heard of turbo lag? Well, watch the whole video but the part that's important starts at 2:49...

What the heck is this witchcraft and why doesn't every turboed car have this?!!
    Last edited by thestig; 09-17-2010, 09:05 PM.
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: WTF is this witchcraft?!!!!!!

hmm interesting, I just can't believe that thing is auto with paddle shifters. What happened to the skill of rally racing with a manual gearbox?
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
      hmm interesting, I just can't believe that thing is auto with paddle shifters. What happened to the skill of rally racing with a manual gearbox?
      if its auto, why does it have a clutch? or is it like a reg auto but with a clutch instead of a torque converter? just wonderin how that is setup haha

Comment

I think it is a manual. It's some kind of high tech racing manual. It probably has some mechanism to manipulate the clutch for you between gears but when you come to a stop you have to push the clutch so it doesn't stall.

I looked up what anti-lag is. The switch changes the advance of the timing in the engine and basically makes it back fire constantly, thus blowing a massive explosion out the exhaust making the turbo spool up even when you're not on the gas.

Example...

And yes it's murder on your catalytic converter and exhaust and headers and turbo. It should really only be used on the track, not for dd duty.
        sigpic
        Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

No it retards the timing - anti-lag/launch control/2-step, same thing. At whatever RPM you set it at, it retards the timing a lot, thus not fully combusting. When the exhaust valve opens, all that pressure rushes out, spinning the shit out of the turbo. When you take off it reverts back to normal. All that backfiring explosion is the unburned fuel.

WRC cars use a bypass valve off the charge pipe (different way to do the same shit).
          Last edited by Pedobear; 09-19-2010, 04:10 PM.

1994 Civic - 1995 240SX - (GTO sold)
          There are cars that take you from point A to point B, and then there are cars that eat your family, worship Satan, and purposefully transmit STDs.

Comment

Wow!! That is really cool!! Interesting what they can come up with!! Crazy these people!!

My Progression---------------------Crimson Crusade---------------------Why Do I Run?
            Originally posted by wzbhnn
            We all like different looks, that's why we mod!!

Comment

Originally posted by thestig View Post
              I think it is a manual. It's some kind of high tech racing manual. It probably has some mechanism to manipulate the clutch for you between gears but when you come to a stop you have to push the clutch so it doesn't stall.

I looked up what anti-lag is. The switch changes the advance of the timing in the engine and basically makes it back fire constantly, thus blowing a massive explosion out the exhaust making the turbo spool up even when you're not on the gas.

Example...

And yes it's murder on your catalytic converter and exhaust and headers and turbo. It should really only be used on the track, not for dd duty.
              As for the transmission, likley it's a sequential manual gearbox with the actuators in the steering wheel paddles.
              "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
              ~~GWAR's description of Hell
              SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

Working...
              X