check engine after intake resonator removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check engine after intake resonator removal

i removed my intake resonator and 650km later the check engine came on, what are the odds that its a cel? also last night i was playing around with some wiring possibly i triped a sensor? also with the intake resonator removed will they still warranty it?

Re: check engine after intake resonator removal

650km later? the cel is probably doing it's job, go get a computer code check on your car, double check all your connections
    09 GT Coupe in Techno Grey, lowered on eibachs, debadged, duplicolor red calipers, Full CRABS setup, silver CRAB stickers in my coupe windows +20HP G6Performance.com decals ,carbon fibre inlays

Comment

pull your negative battery cable off for 5-10 or even 15 mins. Let the electrical system reset itself and chill out then put the negative cable back on and see if the CEL comes back after driving
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

DOubt they'd even notice it missing.

I would get the code so you know what your dealing with before clearing and driving it allot more.
        but hey...thats just me!
        Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

It turned off after being parked for 3.5 hours... Wierd

Comment

First check like said above your conections. Mainly to your MAF (mass air flow sensor), removing the air resonator has nothing to do with your CEL. Dealership or anyone will never know its missing. If you can, go to like an advance auto parts/auto zone if your CEL is on and get the code ran for free. As could just be a quincidence but something else might be throwing the code like when you filled up your car with fuel and the gas cap wasnt on all the way after a while when the car runs a cycle check it will throw a CEL for the gas cap not being on all the way.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

im pretty sure the computer reset itself because i was running through the dic and my oil life now says 99% and not 56% like it did before.... hence why the engine light went off..... and now im getting semi hard shifts..... i guess the ecu needs to relearn everything?

Comment

OH WAIT....you have the 2.4!!

Any varience in intake air and it wont adjust. Hard shifting, lean codes (CEL's) are all part of the symptoms of someone putting an air intake on a 2.4 liter.

Put the resonator back on. Reset everything (disconnect battery for 15 min) and then fire it up.

Your problems should go away.
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

serious pooners? im getting slightly harsher shifts but the check engine light is off and there is no intake. its just the regular hot air box.... and the intake resinator doenst increase airflow that much, does it? plus i love how much more manly it sounds at mid range revs

Comment

Working...
                  X