Brand: Lucas Oil

Price: 1.99-2.99

Pruchased from Autozone

Installation: easy
    Time about 1 min
    Tips-Have a empty to almost empty fuel take, allows for better mixing

Quality 10
    Performance 9

I used to use STP but I found Lucas to be better and I recomend it to every one wanting a little more power.

It is great on long trip, improves mpg buy 2-3 miles

I just started using the STP octane booster. How much better is this stuff from that?
    Just wondering cause I make regular trips to walmart to buy small shit (light bulbs, milk) and they sell the STP there, but if its alot better I can make extra stops at auto zone
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I won't pour anything into my car other than gas, oil or windshield washer fluid for a long time
      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
      ^ The Man
      v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
        I just started using the STP octane booster.
        Octane boost in the G6 unfortailly wont do anything. The PCM is tuned for 86 octane. More octane then that without the PCM tunned for it does nothing. If your accally running to high octane you will lose HP and torque.

He is talking about the lubercant aditive in the oil, and can belive a MPG pick up and a slight power incress. Fuel injector cleaner, depends how many miles are on it. Atleast the 3900s fuel injectors I was told from AC Delco when trying to find the LBS on them...... anyway are dimond coated I belive they said and it helps prevent clogging on the injector so fuel injector cleaner isnt need as much till higher miles on car and of corse thats just cleaning them and not adding HP.

But if you want a slight pick up prob 3-5 maybe HP go to oil aditives like marlinws6 says, he says that Lucas does add power and MPG and it prob does. As the octane boost is just wasting your money. Another good HP oil pick up but pricy is royal purple.
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

will an oil additive really help with mobil 1 then?

Comment

Oil is Oil....it all comes from the same spot and is put in different color bottles.....
            Black 06 GTP Coupe - Dr. Speed Cold Air Box, Tinted Windows, Projektorz - Coming this week: Grafxworks Pontiac overlays all around, Black Painted Calipers w/ ZZP Decals and Rockblocker Smoked Tail Light Covers !!

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
              will an oil additive really help with mobil 1 then?
              I really dont know. Could try a bottle and see, think the Lucaus oil isnt that expensive. Just a small aditive bottle. Even if it doesnt do much/anything with Mobil 1, it wont hurt you engine either. Wish had a solid yes or no answer for you.
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

ok, well i guess i wont bother buying octane booster then, I already poured the bottle in so I'll just burn it off. I was hoping to notice a difference (havent driven it yet) but it doesnt look like I'll find one.

Comment

i poured the lucas in my truck, i could smel all of the crap burning off the injectors
                  Originally posted by TLS2000
                  They cleaned my thing out
                  g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                  2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

I firmly believe that Lucas makes snake oil products, but I'm going to let that aside (I always ALWAYS use B12 Chemtool).

In my truck (95 Ford Bronco, 351ci 5.8l V8 ) I took the brake booster vacuum hose, poured B12 in there, let it die and sit for around 2-5 hours, crank it up and watch the white smoke pour out the exhaust for 20 minutes....took about 9/10's of a second off my 0-60, not bad for $3.

I'd advise you take your catalytic converter off before doing this (I had mine removed some time ago, just because of restriction and sound purposes) because sure, you can clean up your injectors and cylinder walls real nice, but if the engine can't breathe it won't help much....
                    = Gone as of 11/16/07

Originally posted by WS6 RACING
                    Little bunny foo foo hopping through the forest
                    Picking up the feild mice and getting splattered by Spazmatic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MYfynGTP
                      Oil is Oil....it all comes from the same spot and is put in different color bottles.....
                      LOL, I just read this post... cute... nieve though

Comment

I've used Lucas on numerous vehicles... the fuel additive product IMO works awesome, its not a super product but def did (on my RX7) seem to keep things running smooth and helps MPG for sure.

The oil products and I wish I would have had a video camera. But we were working on an old Subaru that had a wicked knock, no matter how much oil was in it. We put the lucas oil treatment in it and I shit you not 10 mins later it was gone. Could just be a coincidence (sp?) but I know when I worked at NAPA we couldnt keep that shit on the shelve long enough, so they must be doing something right!
                        Originally posted by Toyz
                        Originally posted by simplyred
                        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I've always thought about picking up a bottle but I run Mobil 1 so I'm not to sure how much better things can get but I'll give it a go.
                          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                          X