INJEN AIR INTAKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INJEN AIR INTAKE

To all you people that said the INJEN Air Intake is a piece of Crap I Apoligize, YOU WERE RIGHT.
    I just noticed the drivers side rubber "shock" mount is BROKEN. Went to the web sight-No parts and No phone number. Just happen to have saved the number from my purchase-Not an 800 number so it's on me-Guess what-That part is NOT on the life time warranty !!! As a matter of fact they don't even have one to sell me !!!
    Told me to check with AutoAnything-
    So needless to say I will NEVER purchase another INJEN product !!!!
    Buyer Beware fits here !!!!!!!
    2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

and the doctor wins again

sorry dude that sucks..

Comment

UPDATE:
      Ordered the part from AutoAnything-I've done business with them many times-even they said "isn't that on warranty" of course I told them INJEN said the TUBE is the only thing on the Lifetime warranty-
      I spoke with one of the Boss's and he is sending the information to the product review section-any how $14.95 delivered.
      Another Lesson in life.
      (by the way INJEN has NOT heard the last from me)
      2006 Fusion Orange Coupe GT, Limo Tint, Chrome strut Bar, Chrome intake, Debadged, Metalic Silver PONTIAC wind shield, Metalic silver pin stripe, Chrome wheels with Locks, Aftermarket rear spoiler, GT-R exhaust, Painted engine and battery covers,

Comment

Sorry to hear it man. This is exactly why I used the current method of mounting the Stage 4. Many say it's not the most visually appealing way, but it works and it will continue to work.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

I have the Injen CAI, Im getting kinda nervous. The intake is doing well soo far, but I might have to break down and go with the DR.
          Im just going to wait until I really have to.

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
            I have the Injen CAI, Im getting kinda nervous. The intake is doing well soo far, but I might have to break down and go with the DR.
            Im just going to wait until I really have to.
            Well in that case, I think you really have to right now!
            Originally posted by colinpeddle
            They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
            That here, by G6er law, we lie
            Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
            THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I definately love the look.

Comment

dude wheres your engine

Comment

:blah:

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
                    I definately love the look.
                    I would suggest you find another way to support the tube on the drivers side. Remove the bracket mounting bolt on the drivers side. If your intake is like mine, it will break off at the weld on the tube.
                    I used aluminum strap 1/4" wide by 1/16" thick. I wrapped it around the tube and cut the ends and drilled two holes in it to support it along the plastic shield over the radiator.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

thats exactly what i wrote in the forum i posted called intake problem... the mount on the drivers side for the injen intake is the same mount as the pcm ground and when the engine revs up the mount is stressed and over time will break off, i took it to the dealer and because the after market part caused it i had to pay 140 for them to drill another ground. i now just have it zip tied loosely and is a fine fix until i figure out a permanent one

Comment

Is that red vacuum tubing or just a red wire loom covering it?
                        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

It's wire loom. The piece on the left is an AC line so I doubt it's silicone tubing
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                          X