How To Video - Racingline Grounding Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Video - Racingline Grounding Kit

Here's a quick direct and to the point kit for helping out those that need it on the Grounding Kit from Racinglineperformance.com

I've got to record a new How To for this, sorry, I actually deleted my gmail account to the YouTube and it deleted Everything!
    Last edited by BAMBAMM; 02-15-2011, 12:40 PM.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Re: How To Video - Racingline Grounding Kit

Does this actually help at all? Seems trivial
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Its a video to help others install the item they've purchased, not a discussion for opinions on the item.....if you wanna discuss it and the "performance" of the item, find those threads and continue discussing it there.......This is a HOW TO, not a "what does it do".

Comment

My bad, I forgot.
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
        GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
        Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

thanks dude
          Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

great how to bamster!
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Rock On BamBamm!!! Here is the final product!

Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:

Comment

JP, that's awesome looking! Great job, glad it worked out to your advantage.

Comment

great how-to bam, i will be using this hopefully next weekend to get these installed. ill post pics when im done
                  Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, Eyebrow 5% tint, Windshield 35% tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Painted engine covers, LED tails, 6K Lows, 8K Highs, 6K Fogs Painted grilles, Painted window trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, RacingLine STB, RacingLine Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Progression Thread -
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18428

Comment

Hey i just got my Racingline ground kit today and upon completion of the install i ran into a problem. I can't seem to get the connecters on my battery. i've tried but it seems the rubber garments from the battery caps seems to keep it from letting me screw the connecters to my battery. can any one help me with this??? thanks
                    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

i got mine to screw on... you just got to push down hard and try to get a few turns with the nut on the screw...

Progression:

Comment

i changed my battery nt with a bolt and a couple washers to hold it on
                        2006 Black GTP Coupe, One of the First Hammerhead Spoilers on here. Gm Strut Bar, Doctor Speed CAB and Stage 4 . Black out upper grille and black logos, Tinted Black Euro's, Painted black Headlights with blacked out corners and Led's,10,000 K HID Low-Beams, GT-R Cat-Back Exhaust System,Racingline performance moto mounts inserts, power slot rotors and hawks.Eclipse 4 channel amp powering Alpine Type-S speakers, 93 oct tune, GM HSRK, RaceineLinePerformance Ground Kit.

Comment

Since I've had my recent troubles with a major ground wire, I would like to let everyone know, my thoughts......

I SEE A MAJOR NEED, IN THE G6, FOR THE RACINGLINE GROUNDING KIT & MOTOR MOUNT INSERTS, AND HOW IT COULD HAVE HELPED ME OUT!

Recently I had a major failure in my electrical system. The main ground wire from the battery terminal, which connects directly to the engine block, had severed due to some ungodly reason and my car flipped out! Two day's went by and nothing, couldn't find any reason for any failure and no check engine light. In the dark, while waiting for the tow truck to take me to the dealership, as I figured I had a real problem, we found a spark at the engine and Paul(roommate) said he found it! The ground wire that goes directly from the battery to the engine block had snapped, most likely due to engine heat and movement, from the engine.

After all was said and done, I've had some time to reflect on the issue and how it could have been avoided, and maybe even helped me out, in the long run.

See the grounding kit, actually helps the engine stay grounded to the vehicle, using additional ground wires, that GM/Pontiac, possibly overlooked. If I'd have had the Racingline Grounding Kit & MMI's installed, I think my issue would have never come up, and I wouldn't have had the "confusing and horrific" worry fest I had earlier this winter, when that main ground wire did snap. I realize that the ground kit would have kept a bit of the load off the wire directly from the battery to the engine. Had the MMI's been installed, I think the amount of play that the wire had in it, would have been greatly reduced, and I wouldn't have ever been worried about it. Of course, I also wonder, what if I had the kit installed and the wire had snapped, too? I'm sure I'd have noticed a bit of a problem, sure, but the car would have been safe to use and eventually I would have caught the severed ground wire, and repaired it as necessary, during normal inspection of things under the hood.

So I guess I'm giving the Racingline Grounding Kit and MMI's my full support. If you've ever got any reason to know what it is useful for, just read this post again! Any time you have a loose ground, it could mean you've got some un-necessary movement/vibration that's causing the mishap, no one likes it, but it's gonna happen. So make sure all those bolts and nuts are tightened, and by all means, YES, get the Racingline Grounding Kit and MMI's, you'll thank yourself for doing both! Thanks Racingline, you've got a trusted client, I know now why you're product works and what it's for!
                          Last edited by BAMBAMM; 02-15-2011, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Amen!

Progression:

Comment

I really wish that video could be reproduced or reposted. I have had the Racingline Grounding Kit installed on my '07 3.9L G6 for a few weeks now and I am not certain I am using the correct alternator terminal. I have included a picture asking those of you who have successfully installed the grounding kit if I am using the right alternator terminal. Should I keep it connected to post A? Or switch it to bolt B? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X