SSC Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSC Springs

I searched...I heard people talk about them...but has anyone tried them?
    http://www.zzperformance.com/g6/products1.php?id=457
    I like the amount of drop...buy I'd like to know if anyone has tried this spring.

Also, I've got about 8k on the car. Shock/struts gonna be ok? If not, what will buying new ones do for me? How many miles should I get out of them?

Thanks!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Only 3 people on this site have have lowered their G6, including myself. Canuck Motorsports springs were used in all cases. The SSC springs appear to be good springs.

With 8K on the car, I would consider replacing the struts/shocks before lowering it.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Why do I need/want to replace them? Am I only going to get 8-10k out of shocks/struts if I lower it?
      Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

Shocks/struts are designed to run at certain lengths so to speak. Im not going to take the shocks of my truck and install them on the back of my 6er, because the suspension is much taller in the truck. When you install lowerring springs you will be compressing your shocks and struts and holding them there. And that will cause those items to wear faster. Although i will admit i have not replaced my struts and shocks yet
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by stainlessnuts
          Why do I need/want to replace them? Am I only going to get 8-10k out of shocks/struts if I lower it?
          The reason that I say consider replacing them, is if they are a little worn the lowering spring will shorten the struts/shocks lifespan. It really dependent the amount of lowering. With the SSC springs lowering , you probably will not need to replace the strut/shocks. The struts/shocks should last at least 3years.
          2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
          Forge Motorsports BPV
          CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
          HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
          HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I'd wait. Why do today what you can put off until tommorow?
            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
            ^ The Man
            v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
              I'd wait. Why do today what you can put off until tommorow?
              I agree
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Working...
              X