Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driver side sub woofer stopped working. Monsoon System.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driver side sub woofer stopped working. Monsoon System.

I was just driving the other day and I didn't have the volume up loud at all, maybe halfway. All the sudden I hear a racket in the driver side door and the bass dropped out. I put my hand in front of the speaker and turned the volume and bass up and I didn't feel the usual air/vibrations. I would usually think that the speaker busted, but not having it turned up loud seems kind of contradictory. The other speakers in the door are still working, just the sub woofer is not. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?
    RIP 2007 Black G6 GT Coupe - you will be missed

"The H is silent."

Re: Driver side sub woofer stopped working. Monsoon System.

Either the wiring to the speaker faulted or the actual speaker did. Only way to find out is to take a voltage meter to it.

The side speakers are mids and/or mid bass (at least in my G6). Call it a 6.5"
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

I'm probably going to take the door panel off today and check.

I have the convertible, I read something where I'm pretty sure they put the subs in the deck above the back seat on coupes/sedans, but they couldn't have put them there in the convertible so they put them in the front doors.

"The H is silent."

Comment

Originally posted by cHrewone View Post
        I'm probably going to take the door panel off today and check.

I have the convertible, I read something where I'm pretty sure they put the subs in the deck above the back seat on coupes/sedans, but they couldn't have put them there in the convertible so they put them in the front doors.
        From what I understand the speakers in your rear deck are considered subwoofers, even though they are really just your run of the mill 6.5's.
        07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
        05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

Alright well took the door panel off, and the speaker works fine, so it's either wiring or the amplifier. I'm thinking it's the amplifier because when the door panel came off, the speaker kicked in. When the panel was put back on, only the highs are coming out of it, but the lows aren't. That means that a signal is getting to the speaker but only the highs not lows, at least that's what I think. Any ideas?

"The H is silent."

Comment

Working...
          X