Rev-able Remote Start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev-able Remote Start?

Has anyone heard of a remote starter that would allow you to rev the engine from your remote?

Today at work (within sight of my car) I noticed a guy admiring the 6 for a good 5 minutes. So I got out the keys and remote started it from out of sight. So he looked in the car and then all around and saw nobody.

Anyway my friend/coworker was laughing his head off and asked if I could rev it with that. Well we were both laughing.

That sounded like an awesome idea so I'm curious if there is such a thing.
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: Rev-able Remote Start?

Maybe this?

Clicky
    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

i thought that would be cool when i first got the g6. but then i started to learn about motors and now when i start the car i stay below 1500 until my coolant's at temp so now i'm glad i never had it.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by auquier View Post
        Maybe this?

Clicky
        That doesn't have any control over the engine other than starting it does it?
        sigpic
        Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Not sure - we'll have to ask chromeG6
          CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

it won't guys.

Comment

You could POTENTIALLY do it with those units that have an auxiliary output. If you wire that to the throttle sensor when you trigger the auxiliary function it would theoretically simulate pushing the pedal.

HOWEVER...I do NOT advocate doing this, it could be dangerous, or deadly if something malfunctions. If you choose to do it, it's at your own risk, and I accept no responsibility for what happens...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

yea i wouldnt i love doing that to ppl tho ive done it to ppl with my alarm wen they get close to my car wen i was in high school ROFL theyd look around funny as hell
                Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
                JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish View Post
                  You could POTENTIALLY do it with those units that have an auxiliary output. If you wire that to the throttle sensor when you trigger the auxiliary function it would theoretically simulate pushing the pedal.

HOWEVER...I do NOT advocate doing this, it could be dangerous, or deadly if something malfunctions. If you choose to do it, it's at your own risk, and I accept no responsibility for what happens...
                  Ehh. With our drive by wire systems i think that there are two sensors and if one isn't reading the same as the other, the throttle closes. So unless the pedal is actually pushed, i'm pretty sure it will just not work.

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish View Post
                    This, think of the dangers with this
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

there probably is a way ... just no one knows it yet ... well on this form lol

Comment

If only i had a second car, and the money to play with, i'd remote control the car!

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Originally posted by BORN2SKI View Post
                          If only i had a second car, and the money to play with, i'd remote control the car!
                          I'm still waiting for the future when the remote start not only starts it but the car drives itself from the parking spot to the front of the building where you are standing. ;-)

Might be a while.
                          sigpic

Comment

^maybe not considering all the braking and accident prevention stuff already available. Question is would they be all ran by wires in the parking lots or not......or how else
                            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by thestig View Post
                              I'm still waiting for the future when the remote start not only starts it but the car drives itself from the parking spot to the front of the building where you are standing. ;-)

Might be a while.
                              It does exist, you just need to be 007. Anyone remember the Z8 from "The World Is Not Enough"?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

Working...
                              X