Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Double Din with bluetooth and GPS - Pics & Video !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Double Din with bluetooth and GPS - Pics & Video !

So I have been looking into doing this for some time. It was more complicated then I thought and not just buy the receiver and you are done. I researched online and by word of mouth to find the best unit to suit my needs and budget. I actually doubled my budget in the long run as I knew I would probably regret skimping out.

Found this great Car audio guy in Toronto. If anyone is in this area and needs to find someone message me and I will let you know his company name and location as I am not sure you can post that here. It might be considered advertising. Moderators let me know if it's ok or not - if ok will add later.

This is what I did - I think I wrote all the part numbers correctly - I found that many car audio places I called had a different list of parts required and different part numbers so I hope this helps someone. Please do not quote my list to the letter as I am relating to my best knowledge but don't want anyone yelling at me later if it doesn't work for you lol - check with a car audio expert first.

I did not lose any chimes (many told me I would and needed a PAC part something or other but I didn't need it...perhaps the DIC unit replaces that.
    I didn't bother with the steering wheel controls (volume/change song) for now as I rarely ever used them anyway. If it bugs me can add it later as the unit is compatible with wheel audio controls but of course you need another adapter.

Later I might add the optional back up camera (another adapter needed LOL )

Kenwood DNX7160

Wiring harness - I am not sure about that part number - strangely enough I think the DIC unit/info centre was a replacement for this but will check with the installer if anyone needs to know for sure - originally I was quoted XSVI-2103-NAV by another installer but this one didn't use it.
    DIC unit / Info centre ( 99-3303 is what is need (some call it metra turbo kit? ) but I saved some $'s got a used one taken from another GM model ( 99-3302 ) - placed in my glove box as no more room on dash

Antena ( 40GM10 )

Bracket ( 95-3302 )

Ipod wire/connector ( unsure part # - so far just audio but will replace with audio/video later)

I am still figuring it out - if anyone knows any good tips please let me know.

I will post pictures I took while he installed it. I stayed the whole time, he was great, didn't mind and even was ok with my taking pictures.
    Last edited by ratskat; 08-26-2010, 12:09 AM.

Re: Replaced stock radio to a DD touchscreen with bluetooth and GPS -Toronto Canada a

Pictures as promised - all taken with my blackberry - final installed pics fuzzy - will take more in better light another time

Comment

Re: Replaced stock radio to a DD touchscreen with bluetooth and GPS -Toronto Canada a

G6 logo on start up - so much fun

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

nice! what was the final$$$?

Comment

Other then ordering over the net which I find risky for several reasons. I couldn't find an online place that shipped from Canada so if you need service you may have to ship back to US as it was purchased from there, you don't see what you have in the box until you get it so if it doesn't work or is missing parts or is broken on arrival how do you dispute that, the cross border brokerage and taxes can shock you sometimes and the waiting for it to come kills me the most. When I want it I want to go pick it up yesterday lol.

So here it is...everywhere I looked other then internet the unit was selling for no less then $1,700 plus taxes. I finally bought it for $1,300 plus taxes. The americans in here will say I paid too much I am sure but it is what it is. The labour and parts were $325 total.

If you look on bestbuy site you can see the pricing for it there..they sell it. Not where I got it from though.

Comment

Awesome!

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

looks great, that's funny because I took pics of my wiring harness after everything was on it also. They GET HUGE with the brake bypass, PAC, and all the other crap wired and ready to go
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

^^^ agreed and you did pay a shit ton lol BUT thats a big screen and in all reality that big of a screen for that cost really isn't that bad. I know the Pioneer one (d3? i dont remember its too early) with that size screen is like 1300 or something for just the head unit
                sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Looks great! lots of money for what you got but you're right... pay for it now because cheaping out will bother you for the rest of the time you have the car.

Crimson - it is the "Z" series... I have the D3 and it is a 6.5ish" touch

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone. I do agree I paid alot. I was looking at a Clarion model originally that was half the price but I was told you get what you pay for, cheap is cheap...not putting Clarion down just the unit I was looking at. I then looked at an Eclipse which was similar in screen and style but after reading many reviews it seemed the Kenwood was my best value for the money.

The eclipse had good reviews and the main reason I didn't go for it was that they are no longer making them, seems the company is only going to be doing GPS stuff, therefore parts and service might be a problem in future. Kenwood is a trusted name and I know they will be around for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X