How to take off Dome light cover to change bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to take off Dome light cover to change bulb

i am getting sick of these UGLY yellow dome lights ... i want to put some red LEDs in there but how do you take off the cover to get to the bulb? and the map lights, how do you take those off to change the light?

THANNKK YOOUU

Re: How to take off Dome light cover to change bulb

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, it just comes natural whenever I talk.
    The Dome Light:
    I really think all you need is a small standard screw driver and just pry it open. The plastic piece should just come right off. From there you should be able to pop out the bulb and replace it.

I've not had the pleasure of having to try and remove the dome lights yet, so till then this is all I have for you. Good luck brother!
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Its not that hard truthfully. Just get a flathead screwdriver and pop it out. Its supported by a single tab at the round end and two smaller tabs at the straight end. The map lights are easier to take out since you can just hold the button down and pop it out of the gap that opens when you hold the button.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
      GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
      Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Which button are you referring to? The actual clear light cover with the indent? Do they pop out just like the dome lights?

Comment

I just did this to clean up there. Take a small flathead or I used my knife and pry the 2 tabs facing the rear of the car. Once those come undone, you can just lower it down, but if you have a sunroof like I do, you need to unhook the switch and then pull it down.
          2007 Pontiac G6 Sport, 3.5 AT 37xxx, That awesome blue color
          1995 Chevrolet Silverado C2500HD Turbo Diesel, White, AT, 180xxx
          1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5 5 speed, Red, 3.5 inch lift, 150xxx
          1978 Chevrolet Camaro Type LT/RS 350 v8, AT, Carmine Red, 38xxx original miles

Comment

Are you referring to the dome light or the map light? The dome is easy to get off I was asking how to change the map bulbs?

Comment

I was referring to the dome light.. Excuse my ignorance but what is the Map light?

Comment

Originally posted by MudlovinG6 View Post
                I was referring to the dome light.. Excuse my ignorance but what is the Map light?
                I was trying to figure out how to change the bulbs in the map light ->

Comment

Does anyone know how to do this? I feel stupid I don't wanna break anything though

Comment

Oh yeah those were the ones I was talking about! Refer to my previous instructions and you wont have a problem!

Comment

I can yank mine down in the morning and post a picture for you.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                      Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
                        I can yank mine down in the morning and post a picture for you.
                        Thanks

Comment

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                          Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Working...
                          X