Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third brake light rattling in Coupes??

I don't know about the rest of you but I have my bass turned up pretty high on the Monsoon system and my third brake light rattles like no other. I fixed the rattling from the rear seat release cables but now the third brake light rattles so bad it makes me not even listen to music loud. I got in the trunk and pushed my hand through a hole in the sheetmetal to push up against the third brake light and the rattle went away. There was also a plastic black box sitting on top of the sheetmetal-no idea what that is-maybe something for the LED's in the brake light. Anyone have any suggestions on maybe putting something in there or doing something to make this thing stop rattling?? :evil:
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

I have the same problem , I brought my car to dealership finally , I'll let you know if they fix it.
    Black 06 G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

oh awesome, be sure to ask them what in the hell is rattling so much up there! Keep me posted, it annoyes me like no other. Thanks man.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

mm.. what a common problem.. mine did/ does it now.. if you take it to the dealer.. it will be fixed for about a week.. then keep doing it.. they replaced speakers in mine..
        Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

I don't necessarily hear the brake light rattling...just the door locks.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
            I don't necessarily hear the brake light rattling...just the door locks.
            oh man your lucky, mine rattles so much its insane!

Comment

yea I can usually hear all the rattles until the highs kick in, then I hear nothing but music.
              -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

I have that awesome third brake light rattle now, too.

I swear if they don't fix it.. I'll be 3rd brake light less... rip that fugger out in an instant if I have too.
                Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

hell yea then you can buy the Razzi spoiler
                  -Mike #1

Comment

Whoa.. that just gave me more inspiration, lol.

Them not fixxing it = more reason to mod, lol.
                    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

well I'd like to just completely remove the third brake light-with the limo tint you can't really see it anyways so its pointless. However I remember reading in the manual you have to take the car into the dealer for work on the third brake light. I've been in the trunk and I have no idea how in the hell one would take that rattling whore out of there. :

Comment

Working...
                      X