Doctor Speed ColdAir Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Speed ColdAir Intake

Ok, I just did the first mod to my car and it was the doctor speed stage 3 cold air intake. Let me just say, "Oh My #&@&$*@ Lord! I can't believe the change it made to my car. I was expecting a little, but nothing that much! It even suprised my friend who works on car mods all of the time. I just want to say good job to Doctor Speed!

Congrats on choosing one of the best mods out there for the G6! It really transforms the car into Pontiac Excitement, doesn't it? Kudos to the Doc!
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I'm happy to hear it!
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

To the good Dr.,

Kyle, let me say this; at first I was a bit hesitant to do it but I was finally convinced! This thing is amazing! I don't even know how to beging to thank you for the money you'll be saving me on the years to come. I recently installed mine and all I can say is WOW ! Really, I've gone thru 1 full tank of gas since I installed it and the mpg jumped tremendously. I was getting an average of 24-26 mpg. NOW, I'm averaging 32.3-34.5 mpg. At the rate I'm going, and since most of my miles are highway miles, the CAI will have paid for itself in no time . Keep up the good work Dr. !!
          Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI + GT-R Exhaust.

Comment

i don't doubt slight increases but i'd bet my life that it doesnt give an 8+ mpg increase....it's too hard to tell on 1 tank of gas and depends entirely on the way you drive and roads you drive on...i could get 14mpg on 1 tank and 28 on the next if i tried
            -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
            Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

^ x2. Very true. I highly doubt it would give a consistent 8 mpg increase.

Comment

i agree, highly unlikely

however mine went up 4 mpg on tanks i do mostly highway as compared to before...but that is twice what i am getting

anyway congrats either way

Comment

I'm not complaining here:

I went from 20mpg to 17mpg with my intake. I love the sound of the engine too damned much now.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I hate my intake, and I want my money back, NOW! :blah: :blah:

Yeah RIGHT! Can I put on a second one?
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
                      I hate my intake, and I want my money back, NOW! :blah: :blah:

Yeah RIGHT! Can I put on a second one?
                      I'm sure someone with a honda has done it...

just move the battery to the back... cut a hole in the pipe elbow and pop that baby on there behind the other headlight

Originally posted by TLS2000
                      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Well, I'm not saying that's going to stay that way. Besides, all my driving is mostly at night and on the highway. Since there is less traffic, I just set my cruise control @ 60-65mph. I know that the actual mpg will change, that's a given, the MAS is still learning. I just happened to be very excited at the time. However, even if after 5 or 6 full tanks the mpg goes down to 30, it will still be a hell of a lot better than 26. But, I will keep you guys posted on that, just in case that it does stay where it's at right now (hoping). Still, my hat's off to the good Dr.! Either way you look at it, I will still be saving money in the long run. Right?
                        Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI + GT-R Exhaust.

Comment

Indeed
                          2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                          :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                          :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                          :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

yeah thad be saweet to have like 2 or 3 filters but try not to rice the engine out

i love my sound on my car even when i had it without the exhaust...
                            !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                            FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                            SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                            14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Working...
                            X