Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to connect my ground wire for new sound system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to connect my ground wire for new sound system.

Just wondering where some of you have connected the ground wire on your systems because I don't even know where to start.
    Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Re: Where to connect my ground wire for new sound system.

I grounded mine at the screw/bolt that holds the tail lights in, that way I didn't have to make a new hole.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

just take a 12v test light, you can get them for a couple bucks at your local auto parts store. Probe around until you find a good ground and you're golden!
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea my buddy said it had to be a solid ground and the tail light bolt wouldnt work but it turns out hes wrong lol. The way my system is set up I have the amps in the spare tire well, would I be able to ground it out to the long screw the tire sits on? it seems suitable enough and it out of the way.
        Installed - Crab CAB Intake, Borbet Type XL In Black wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 Wide Oval, Hammerhead, Lowered, Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD, HID's DDM tuning 55w 10k Low 35W 8k Fog, LED Tail Light Bulbs, Racingline Strut Bar Painted Red, R1 Concepts CD/S Front and Rear, EBC Yellowstuff pads, 25mm H&R Wheel Spacers, GTR (Pending Delivery)

Future Mods - Window Tint, GXP Rear Bumper, Eagle Eyes Projector Headlights, LED Turn Signals, Audi Headlight Mod, Upper/Lower Recessed Grilles, Energy Suspension Sway Bushings, Engine Tune

Comment

you would need to check if its a good ground with a 12v test light-that's one of the best ways to see if a bolt/screw is a good ground. I would imagine it would be but there is also a lot of spray insulation around the seams and such down there so it may not be
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

IMO the best grounding location is one of the bolts that holds the factory amp in on the passenger sidein the trunk.....

Comment

I used the bolt under the back seats

Comment

My amp is right behind the back seat, and I used the bolt for the trunk lid hinge.

Blue Man Group Member NY Local 123

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
                  IMO the best grounding location is one of the bolts that holds the factory amp in on the passenger sidein the trunk.....
                  Originally posted by g6Nonly17 View Post
                  I used the bolt under the back seats
                  Originally posted by FLRNEMT View Post
                  My amp is right behind the back seat, and I used the bolt for the trunk lid hinge.
                  he mentioned his amps are in the spare tire well. He's looking for a ground IN the spare tire well.

lol for a 3rd time-12v test light!

Comment

Working...
                  X