2 questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions...

1) the trunk release button does not work, does anyone know if it has a fuse that could be blown?
    2) Key fob doesnt work, ive changed the battery, made sure the metal is making contact with the chip. Same thing, is there a fuse for the remote in the car?

have had this problem for probably 6mo. now and completely forgot to try and ask on here lol
    K&N typhoon, Magnaflow Cat-back, Eibach Springs, Konig Rims, Sunny Tires,

Re: 2 questions...

Does the trunk release button light up?
    Have you tried another remote?

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

yes the door trunk release button lights up but doesnt work.
      and no I havnt tried another remote, i would have to buy and program one.
      In the end I want a viper security system but for now its just really annoying having the alarm go off every time i open the locked door and probably cant get a viper til Christmas time

Comment

Have you tried the actual Key to open the trunk, or is that broke, too? You've dealt with this for 6 months............man I hope you didn't have any food in there, cause that would just stinky pooh!

Yeah, if the trunk button isn't lit, then sure you might have a blown fuse.

Is your question number 2 related to the 1st question? Im assuming by your question that it won't even lock or unlock the car......

take your key fob to a dealer they can test to see if the key fob is the problem. they have a receiver that can tell if it's sending a signal or not.
        "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

the entire remote doesnt work lock/unlock/trunk/remote start. then the other problem is the interior trunk unlock is lit but wont unlock the trunk when i press it. the key does unlock the trunk though

Comment

sounds like the fob just needs to be re-linked with the car. Run it to a dealer and have them sync up the fob with the car and you should be good since you've eliminated all the smaller things such as the battery
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
            X