Serpentine Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serpentine Belt

Changed my belt last weekend. Ended up putting a Gatorback on.

I discovered that the tensioner is in a horrible place. Couldn't get any of my tools in to loosen the tension. Went to Canadian Tire for their "borrow a tool" program and apperently they don't loan out breaker bars anymore. Ended up buying a 3/8" tool for $30 just to get into it.

PartSource sold me the wrong belt, based on what their computer said the car needed. I didn't discover that untli I had the old belt off. When I took my dad's car and went to return it she asked if I'd given them the right information on the vehicle (I was a parts manager for 2 years! lol). I said yes, and told her the compute was wrong. The belt they sold me was 3ft too short. They didn't have the Gatorback in stock, so I had to drive to the next city over to get it.

Once I got the proper belt, it took me almost an hour to install it. Even with my air box removed, there is maybe 3/4" of space between the engine and the frame. I have huge hands and had to "negotiate" with the belt for that time to get it around the crank pulley.

Anyway, the result is, I have a new belt. My AC compressor has stopped chattering at idle. I'm happy.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Re: Serpentine Belt

all 10 fingers?

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
      all 10 fingers?
      I'm proud to say I didn't pull an ahuhn! Seriously though, I couldn't get my hands in there.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
        Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
        WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

couldn't get your hands in there.....should have rubbed them down with some lubricating jelly and called it a day
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Wow! I was just trying to figure out which gatorback belt part number I need for my 3.9 with a good old search and guess who's favorite site came up! Which Gatorback part number did you use?
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

4061093 for the 3.9.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000 View Post
                I'm proud to say I didn't pull an ahuhn! Seriously though, I couldn't get my hands in there.
                You should have told her "Don't worry, it is smooth sailing once I can get it in past my knuckle". That usually works...that and lube...lots of lube.

Is it this hard on the 3.5 girls?!?

Comment

I have huge hands
                  You know what they say about guys with HUGE HANDS.....................................HUGE GLOVES!!!

I thought it was a lovely story, and you told it so well, with such enthusiasm!
                  "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

4061093 for the 3.9.
                    There is no 4061093. There's 4061090 and 4061098.

Edit: Nvm, it's just not listed on the Goodyear site.

And the parts store gave me the wrong one also. I have to switch it tomorrow and then install it. Some how my friend and I both got both of our hands down there to remove my stock belt. The engine was F***ing HOT!!!
                    Last edited by thestig; 08-17-2010, 10:08 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by thestig View Post
                      There is no 4061093. There's 4061090 and 4061098.

Edit: Nvm, it's just not listed on the Goodyear site.
                      I literally was standing outside at work reading it off the belt when I posted that. There's no way I could have gotten it wrong. Glad you found it.

sigpic

Comment

now we need the 3.5 number.....its about time to change mine.

MODS:

Comment

I literally was standing outside at work reading it off the belt when I posted that. There's no way I could have gotten it wrong. Glad you found it.
                          Where did you get that belt? 4061093 isn't listed on the goodyear site and the parts store doesn't have it. They have 90 and 98 but no 93.
                          sigpic

Comment

can anyone verify that the GTR-4060410, 6 rib, 41" gatorback belt is correct for the 2005 3.5?????

MODS:

Comment

Propper part numbers for an 05 g6 serpentine belt are :

Ac Delco - 6k882
                              GoodYear -4060882
                              Dayco - 5060883

Its easy when u sell parts . good old software from work at home always payes off !

Comment

Working...
                              X