American TOP GEAR is a GO!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American TOP GEAR is a GO!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(U.S._TV_series)

Tanner Foust is awesome!

We're going to have an American Stig!!! Maybe I won't have to drive to Britain everytime they make an episode now.

I think this merits a HUGE nanner dance....

sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: American TOP GEAR is a GO!!!!!!

hmm, dont know if it will have the same awesomeness to it.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

that's not just a huge nanner dance, but a techno super nanner dance!
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Saw that it was a go on the bimmer forum last week. Here is the link to the Jalopnik article that has a trailer for it.

This is the first trailer for the U.S. version of Top Gear on History, giving us a first taste of the American spin on the BBC's wildly popular motoring show. A peek at the cast, cars, and challenges below.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
          hmm, dont know if it will have the same awesomeness to it.
          this I have to agree with, I'm sure its going to be awesome but I don't know if it will have the same pizzaz as the original
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
            this I have to agree with, I'm sure its going to be awesome but I don't know if it will have the same pizzaz as the original
            I completely agree 111028982% That's one hundred and eleven million percent! I'm very excited to see an american version but I have a feeling that it's going to be a HUGE flop! There probably won"t be anything wrong with the people or the cars or the stuff they do. It will simply be the fact that they aren't Captain Slow, Hammster and Clarkson. You just can't equal them! I think there is just something that is totally indescribable that makes the original better.

Here's an idea! Move the original trio to the US of A and well you get the idea...
            Last edited by thestig; 08-11-2010, 09:56 PM.
            sigpic
            Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

if they follow the same theme as the BBC one i think it may work beacause how many people in the US even HAVE BBC America to watch it on?? I just realized we do a month or 2 ago. So i think since most of teh country hasnt seen it theyll see this one have nothing to compare it too and like it. where as us who have seen the awesome nees that is BBC Top Gear it wont be as good

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Adam Carola I like alot. I like him more then Jimmy Kembel.

I look foward to seeing it but dont think it will top Jeremy Clarkson as host of the orignal
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Here is the wiki on Top Gear USA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(U.S._TV_series)
                  PS3 -Mischief24

Comment

Originally posted by MadMoney View Post

lol someone didnt see the very first link in the first post lol

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Ya know I can see some car companies getting mad cause they said the Chevy Aveo was a shitbox, oh wait they can't say shitbox on American TV. Never mind, this is going to be a fail in my book... I don't see how you can improve on the original. The humor, the drama, and the style of the show are a perfect blend.
                      Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

I think we all agree!? Is that a first? So far we all have exactly the same feeling about this.

Anyway I think the US producers got confused when people asked for Top Gear in the USA. We wanted TOP GEAR, in the USA, NOT a whole new show. We just wanted them to kidnap Clarkson and the gang and hold them captive in the US at a race track to make episodes here. It would however be difficult to contain the stig legally and physically because some say he is illigal in 17 US states and his scrotum has its own small gravity field.
                        sigpic

Comment

so when does this new series begin? what channel?

MAH PROGRESSION THREAD.................................................. .................................Mah Cardomain

Comment

Originally posted by Tupperware SC2 View Post
                            so when does this new series begin? what channel?

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                            Originally posted by ahuhn
                            so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

On April 21, 2010, Top Gear's website reported that the History Channel and the BBC Worldwide had announced that work has begun on a new American version of Top Gear.[2][3] The article noted Tanner Foust would continue with the series, with new hosts Adam Ferrara, an actor and comedian, and Rutledge Wood, an automotive and racing analyst. The show is expected to premiere in Fall, 2010, but no dates have been set.
                              Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

Working...
                              X