Air Ride. Oh yeah.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Ride. Oh yeah.

Ok before buying a new set of lowering springs i considered the idea of air bagging my g6. Sooooo I procede to summit to look about their kits and what-not. Couldnt find anything for the g6 specifically (didnt expect to) so i gave them a call. This guy answered and i told him i had an 05 g6 to which he said

"you cant put air bags on a front wheel drive car"

now i dont know much about this stuff so i reply

"why is that?"

"Its just the type of suspension in the front, its really hard to do."

So is this true? Or would air riding a g6 be possible?
    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

That dudes an idiot/ douchebag! Totally plausible to airbag a G6. Hell, I helped my buddy Caleb airbag his Contour SVT.

Check it out!

We used a universal kit, 2 compressors and 2 tanks. All stianless lines, additonal battery and ease siwtches (no bouncing.. just gentle up and down). Cost was liek 1100.00 (free labor, though).
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

That dumbass omg... thanks for telling me that man.

Only $1100?! Nice!!!
      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Yeah..it could seriously be done cheaper.. those vivair 450's were a bit over the top and could ahve done cheaper on the compressors. BAgs itslef.. not all that $$$.

You'd want to find a bag that fits the stock suspension components (no modyfining the arms, strut mounts, etc). Ofcoarse, compressors and tanks are pretty standard issue as well as plumbing and wiring. I'm defeintly not skilled enough to 100% point you to whatyou need or a How to. BUt if you got questions onf brands.. i've got a general knowledge of whats good and what sucks.. whats too much or what is enough foer teh application.

Comment

Good luck. Kiss your trunk space goodbye. Although you would be a hit at any car shows you might attend.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Oh well, thing is, i NEVER use my trunk... just seems like i never have anything to haul around so i guess it would work out ok

Comment

I love the fact that you can just slam it on the ground when you're parked. It doesn't get much hotter than that.
              -Kevin
              2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
              2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

I helped a buddy bag his truck-hell of a lot easier than a car but its possible. I say go for it and make a list of everything you buy and use.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yeah if I do it im DEFINATLY making a how-to

Today Coupe is supposed to be getting me hooked up with a list of stuff to use and after that, if i still want to buy it, then I will commence to purchasing all the materials.

Comment

http://www.airbagit-store.com/product_list.asp?id=2145

Go there!

John
                    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

LMAO.. I was getting ready to post that link, haha!

Where I usually bought my supplies from. :P

Comment

I have never done air, but have heard good things about the site.

Comment

Oh definetly! Thier kits are VERY good and come with everything you need to get it done. My buddy Raymond is a partner with the company, I'm going to call him later and ask him about the G6. More than likly, it'd be a $1700.00 kit as the 1100.00 kits are for a non multi link rear suspension.

I used their kit when I bagged my Dakota a few years ago. I'd consider bagging the G6 as I could build an "econo" kit for less than a 700 bucks...but I dunno, it just doesn't fit the car in any way. Probably have to severly modify a pair of struts and bags for a newer grand prix or grand am, though.

Comment

Put any thought to coilovers?

John

Comment

More than likly, that'll be a route I go. I ordered the Eibach kit this morning- too good a price to pass up. I won't be installing anything til Summertime, so maybe GC's will have a set out by then- sell these eibachs, and buy the coilovers.

I wub me some coilovers...lol.

The one amazing thing about airbags is the ride and handling. You wouldn't thik so, but a bag equiped car is not only smooth as glass, it handles like a dream..with exceptionof the additonal weight. Coilovers is what i consider the "airless" bagged suspension, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X