Throttle Body Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Body Question

I was talking to a buddy of mine and he suggested us manual G6 owners order the replacement throttle body from an automatic G6 since it's probably bigger to make up for the drive train loss with the automatic transmission. Any idea if we could get comparison specs to see if its true? And or what the part #s are?

I bet they are the same.... Anyone know?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

It's the same. The TB inlet is already 70mm for GTP models... that's overkill, even for a boosted 3900.
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Well that's one less thing to replace, thanks!

Comment

Re: Throttle Body Question

Originally posted by Adrenaline
          I was talking to a buddy of mine and he suggested us manual G6 owners order the replacement throttle body from an automatic G6 since it's probably bigger to make up for the drive train loss with the automatic transmission. Any idea if we could get comparison specs to see if its true? And or what the part #s are?
          Just like they said above the TB its the same, everything I belive is the same from the 6 MT to the 4 auto. I know where your going with that and easiest way to tell the diffrence is the engine rating, I know what you mean that sometime the on trim like the MT vs the Auto theres a HP diffrence but on the GTP its both the same, 240HP 241LB torque. Only diffrence is the 6 MT has a 3.55 gear ratio as the auto has a 3.69.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I've never heard of anything like that. An engine is an engine, regardless of the transmission, no?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              I've never heard of anything like that. An engine is an engine, regardless of the transmission, no?
              Sometimes, the manafatures willl boost like 5ish HP on autos engines (like a slighlty bigger TB) to make up for the slight loss of power so the auto performs perfectly with the manual. GM did our GTPs that way the more common way, they put a better axle ratio on the auto of 3.69 vs the mannual thats 3.55.
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Neons used to have different TBs for the reason above. Then they stopped doing it because it is silly....

John
                Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
                X