Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a diagram of the steering column?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a diagram of the steering column?

There is something rattling inside the steering column when the engine hits a certain resonant frequency. It's somewhere just behind the steering wheel in between the turn signal and wiper controls. I just need to see what could be rattling and then maybe stuff some padding in there to stop it.

On a side note, I miss the old forum.
    sigpic
    Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Re: Does anyone have a diagram of the steering column?

Easy to take apart - start by removing the three screws under the column then remove the bezel around the gage cluster and the top of the column come off with it.
    CRABS WAMS MPD GT-R Brembos and stuff

Comment

Push in on the sides of the top steering column cover and lift up and it comes right off.

Not allot under there.

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I've had it apart before when I upholstered the steering wheel but I couldn't see anything that was even remotely loose. So I was hoping for a diagram that would show detail of the inside of that column. Btw, do you guys have the same rattle?
        sigpic
        Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

i think i know what you are talking about........mine does it somewhere around that area too, mainly when im in 4th gear (tapshift) with cruise on and goin up a hill when it give it a lil more gas lol.........mine has only done it since i put in my race series motor mounts tho......

Comment

Originally posted by SexyG6 View Post
            ....mine has only done it since i put in my race series motor mounts tho......
            That's when mine started too. I'm sure it's only because of the extra vibration but I want to find what's vibrating so i can attempt to quiet it!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X