Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improve Sound Clarity of Stock Head Unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improve Sound Clarity of Stock Head Unit?

Hi,

I just bought a 2006 G6 4 dr sedan. I did not get the monsoon system. The sound clarity of the radio system is horrid. I can't even hear instruments in songs that I can hear on my home computer system. I don't know what speakers are in the car, but I was hoping that by upgrading to a new head unit the sound clarity/quality would improve dramatically. Can anybody confirm this for my model of stock stereo system?

Also, if I do upgrade my head unit, does anybody have any suggestions? My requirements are that it is a 6 disc changer, has an auxillary input on the front panel, and has a remote control. I'll probably be getting the Scosche installation kit. Thanks for your help!

How about trading in for a GTP with the Monsoon system and 6 disc changer?
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by GTP80
      How about trading in for a GTP with the Monsoon system and 6 disc changer?
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      It's all fun and games, until someone gets skull fucked.

SSSS member #2

Comment

Seriously though, I'm not sure changing the head unit will really impove the sound quality. I'm sure the speakers make a difference too. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can help.
        2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Surprisingly enough, a better HU will improve quality, however replacing the factory speakers aswell as the Hu will be the best bet.
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

You won't really be happy until you replace everything with their aftermarket counterparts, anything before that isn't going to take you in big steps.

Comment

yes, changing the head unit alone will definitely give you an improvement. Just remember that the radio is the 'brain' of your sound system, and you should start there. Upgrading the speakers on a stock stereo won't do anything but give you a lesser chance of blowing them out with the stock radio
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

You can do like me and get a clean sweep and a mids and highs amp and replace the speakers. I have great sound quality with mu stock head unit but all that does is send a signal to my clean sweep which zeroizes all freqs to a flat signal then sends it to the amp or amps. Awesome in my book but it will cost ya. I also noticed an increase in output when going from the base radio to the 6 disk. There are motr settings. ie mid when the base only had trebel and bass.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                X